Page 120 of 144 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1436

Thread: What are you Reading?

Quote Originally Posted by Red. View Post
    K.Kesey is a master of descriptions and bearable psychoanalysis, actually after reading "Sometimes a great notion" I feel like I saw a movie, I remember it like that.
    It is a movie, fyi. Sometimes, A Great Notion is one of those books that wasn't extremely interesting at first, but got better and better. The ending is really what blew my mind.

Besides it's about life in Oregon, as the resident Oregonian I love it just for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Quote Originally Posted by RageAndLov View Post
    No because I have never read the book, but always wanted to.
    Just a thought Hope you like it.

Hard to believe it's been 40 years since the movie came out.
    Last edited by samseby; 07-01-2011 at 04:52 AM.

Finished Lunar Park yesterday. It really was quite off the wall, but I liked it. And it had me genuinely scared at some points (especially when i was up reading late at night).
    I have ordered Glamorama and another copy of American Psycho as it's been years since I have read it.

I'm currently reading One Day by David Nicholls. I like it so far, and some things have been quite touching and struck a chord with me, which I like, even if it makes me feel a bit sad.

For summer reading I need to read "Of Mice and Men" by John Steinbeck for english class and I need to read "Jonathan Livingston Seagull" by Richard Bach for english class and advisory. My wonderful friend, April, decided to ruin "Of Mice and Men" for me though, by telling me the ending!
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    Reading this thread made me throw up.
    Because I'm already sick and the color scheme must have set me off. Sorry about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    Also, sometimes I'm not sober. Sometimes I make threads when I'm not sober.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
    You're too late. I've already infiltrated the Offspring forums. Next, it's the world!
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Cranking it into a red solo cup while watching 40 year old re-runs of I Dream of Jeanie all the while snorting black pepper and knocking back shots of Jack.

Read Marley & Me by John Grogan. One of those few books where I actually preferred the film. The book was okay and all, but just got a bit boring after a while.

Currently reading Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut

Finished that massive 1000+ book Under The Dome by Stephen King. Now I'm reading Bram Stoker's Dracula.... so far it's pretty good. It's weird I've never seen any of the movies based on dracula so I honestly had no expectations going into the book, and so far it's pretty intense and I'm only on like chapter 7 or so.

Stoker is a pretty good writer.
    fuck fuck shit fuck

I love reading classics especially English novels like Sarah Crewe, Little Women, and Black Beauty. I also love fictions of Sydney Sheldon

I finished A Clockwork Orange four days ago, and today I started with this horror fiction book about a dysfunctional world where humanity is seriously suffering. It's called Das Kapital, and I just hope it has a happy ending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

Malazan Book of the Fallen - Reaper's Gale, by Steven Erikson

Read Breakfast of Champions. Not quite as good as Slaughterhouse-five, but still very good.

Read Grab on to me tightly as if I knew the way by Bryan Charles. I'd heard mixed reviews, but it turned out a lot better than

And now I have started At Swim-Two-Birds by Flann O'Brien. It'z bizarre but good so far.