Page 125 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1457

Thread: What are you Reading?

I have just finished reading Jarhead

Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    What's it like so far? I am planning on buying it once I can find it cheap.

Speaking of LOTR, my boyfriend bought me the one ring for Christmas And there's a woods near my house nicknamed Mordor, so I don't have far to destroy it.
    Well, I haven't advanced much, because of the celebrations and stuff, but since I've read it for 3 or 4 times already, I can tell you it's a fine piece of fantastic literature, but only if you're a tolkien enthusiast, because as yarock says, there are tons of names and places, and the editing is sometimes inaccurate and contradictory... you just need to study the elves genealogy for a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by mrconeman View Post
    My girlfriend got me The Silmarillion for Christmas. I'm going to re-read The Hobbit, and the three Lord of The Rings books again first though. Even though that's a bit backwards. Also been meaning to check out The Children of Hurin.
    I read TChOH when it came out, and I've only read it once, I really enjoyed it, because the story is already told on the Silmarillion, but with less details.

Quote Originally Posted by yarock View Post
    I was really into Lotr in high school, never really read the whole Silmarillion. There are 10000 people and places in the whole book, really gets you confused.

I checked out Hurin's tale in the first year of university, the dude fucks his sister unintentionally and gets her pregnant. Oldboy, bitch!
    Even though Tolkien was a bit racist, homophobic and slightly misogynist, he was kinda fucked up too...
    -Chuck Berry is actually a blackberry...

Quote Originally Posted by steinberg View Post
    Off spring show is the most source of entertainment in the new generation.
    -Gotta love bots...

I'm trying to get as much "pleasure reading" in before i get swamped by my course readings.

Right now, i'm making my way through Anthony Bourdain's "A Cooks Tour"; his stuff is always so fun to read. Now I sort of want to plan my next travel venture in order to try some of the food he's describing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

The book I am currently reading is Harry potter and the deathly hallows part 2 it is an interesting story but unfortunately it is coming to an end.

Finished Jobs' biography - as I said: worth reading.

I am about to start "A short history of the world" by H. G. Wells.

I finally got through The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. For a young adults' book it was very very good. Worth the read.

I am now reading Frida: The Biography of Frida Kahlo by Hayden Herrera. I'm not very far in, but so far am enjoying it a lot.

I recently finished Romance of the Three Kingdoms Part 1 by Luo Guanzhong and loved it.

I just started Earth (The Book): A Visitor's Guide to the Human Race by Jon Stewart. Pretty witty so far.

The only reason I haven't started Part 2 of Guanzhong's epic is that I simply can't find it. Haha.
    I would spread the cloths under your feet: but I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Bolaņo's "2666". Great stuff.

Default What are you Reading?

I was bookworm before but now since most of the book that I've read have been put into movies. So, I'll better watch movies.

I'm still reading Frida Kahlo's biography.

Also reading Troilus and Criseyde by Chaucer, in a modern english translation because I don't have the patience for the Middle English