Page 135 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1457

Thread: What are you Reading?

Finished A Game of Thrones. Really liked it, despite having known what was going to happen, having seen the first series.

I've decided to take a little break before reading A Clash of Kings, so I'm currently reading The Reader by Bernhard Schlink. To be honest I'm finding it slightly boring, and hope it will pick up, but I'm half way through so don't know what the chances of that are.

I also ordered Stephen King's The Stand in the post, and am actually quite excited to read that - all I've heard are good things about it.

Next by Michael Crichton

VECTOR by Robin Cook

I literally just finished the book "Behold A Pale Horse" by Milton William Cooper. Wow! That's one disturbing book! But really good! Definitely not one to read late at night.

I'm about to start 'One Day' by David Nicholls.

Read The Gunslinger, the first in the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. Quite good, I look forward to the rest.

Have now started The Wind-up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami, and so far it's great! I love Murakami

To Kill A Mockingbird- Harper Lee

So The Wind-up Bird Chronicles by Murakami was great. Absolutely crazy and dreamlike, but great!

And I'm now reading Dubliners by James Joyce, which is a collection of short stories. Almost finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Vessels View Post
    To Kill A Mockingbird- Harper Lee
    No matter how cliche this sounds, this is actually one of the best books I have ever read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

In this thread I have learned that Alison will read anything.

I just finished Chimerascope by Douglas Smith. It sucked. Well, it had one or two stories that were worthy of being labelled mediocre, but overall it was just terrible.

The last truly moving thing I read was Dostoevsky's Notes From Underground, which I found to be absolutely riveting and fascinating.

The Alison bit was a dig - if you're going to hit Fitzgerald, ruin your senses on Tender is the Night. It is both more beautifully written and more enduring than The Great Gatsby ever will be.

I have read some decent books in the past year. I doubt I can list them here.

Voodoo Heart was good (Scott Snyder is much better at prose than at comics). Spaceman Blues also.

Shit. Literature is too annoying to trendily post about. I lend too many books to remember to get back and I end up poor when I need to buy them again. Where is the reward in that?
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.