Page 141 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1472

Thread: What are you Reading?

I finished reading Nocturnes by John Connolly, basically a collection of short stories icluding two novellas. It was good, although the first story set a high standard for the rest to beat, so I started off very hopeful, only to be slightly disappointed.

I then started reading The Perks Of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. So far I really like it. The main character is so honest and innocent and it's a book where I catch myself smiling a lot

Quote Originally Posted by siati View Post
    I then started reading The Perks Of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. So far I really like it. The main character is so honest and innocent and it's a book where I catch myself smiling a lot

That is my favorite book ever. I absolutely love it.

If He Had Been With Me by Laura Nowlin

Finished The Secret History by Donna Tartt a few days ago. Really liked it. Loved the New England setting and love how none of the characters were predictable.

Now reading The Chrysalids by John Wyndham. So far so good.

Cry Wolf by Tami Hoag

Don DeLillo - Underworld.

Damn but this man can write. Sometimes I don't really feel like we're on the same wavelength as far has his narrative choices and characters go, but there are some books that are just excellently written and this is one of them. I think I like the first half of Great Jones Street even more than this but that book is a shambles in its latter half.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Finished The Secret History by Donna Tartt a few days ago. Really liked it. Loved the New England setting and love how none of the characters were predictable.
    A colleague made me read that once and I wasn't expecting much but then actually really liked it.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

So I just finished the Confederacy fo Dunces by John Kennedy Toole.

And it's one of the funniest, best written book I've ever read.

I tried to read it about 10 years ago and couldn't read through the 10th page. Clearly, I wasn't smart enough to understand the intelligence and modernity of Ignatius Reilly's point of view.

Seriously, it's an excellent book and you will have a great time reading it.

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

A street cat named Bob - James Bowen
    Turn the lights on.

A Dance with Dragons is reminding me how enjoyable reading can be.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks