Page 40 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you Reading?

infinite jest by david foster wallace. sarah says i should stop while i'm ahead.

So, I started reading Digital Fortress yesterday. I don't read many books, but I do think this one's pretty good. I'm about 3/4 of the way through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    If two guys loving Offspring together is wrong, I don't want anything to be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mota Boy
    Naw, I was trying to set up a punchline from "Hot Shots Part Deux". I figured it was a long shot anyway.
    I have been obsessed with that for a while

BREAK Guest

I've finished everything I was reading in my last post here except for Native Son . I got a few pages into it, then realized I didn't really give a crap. Maybe it'll get another chance someday. Right now I'm in the middles of:

The Grapes Of Wrath by John Steinbeck. I tried reading this in 8th grade, but didn't get much out of it. So far, excellent read.
    The Manchurian Candidate by Richard Condon. Much more satirical than the movie tried to be, entertaining as hell all around.
    And if I ever find an edition of Robinson Crusoe with the chapter headings at the library, I'm reading that too. I started it over Christmas break, but gave up.

I just read "A Child Called It" by Dave Peltzer, that was lent to me by my sister. The first in a trilogy about the third worst case of child abuse documented in California, if I recall correctly. It was pretty shocking, and I'll admit it gave me somewhat of a different perspective on the issue.

You Are Here (The Updated Dossier) - Rory Bremner, John Bird and John Fortune

Interesting stuff. I can never tell where these guys are coming from, politically - they seem to disagree with everyone. But they do it so well, and it's so funny sometimes.
    "I don't cut my grass. I threaten it."

*Slut! Growing Up Female with a Bad Reputation* - Leora Tanenbaum

very interesting. makes me angry =x

i guess it's all about the dream

The Stalker... forgot the author but she writes mystery books. It is unrealistic, okay idea, but who just charges a kid with murder without enough evidence... especially outside Detroit.

I just finished a report. My bibliography includes

War in the Shadows, the Guerilla through History by Robert Asprey (only read relevant sections)
    Rebels and Redcoats, the War for America 1770-1781, by Christopher Hibbert
    Britain Since 1945, A Political History by David Childs (only skimmed this)
    Americans in a Changing World, A History of the United States in the Twentieth Century, By William Appleman Williams. (this book is a must read in my opinion. MUST read, I'm directly recommending this to Dave and Johnny who I think would be most interested out of everybody.)
    The Ideological Origins of the American Revolution by Bernard Bailyn

arraghl
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

I'm reading (and ignoring) the nutritional facts on my 23rd coke can tonight! WHOOOO!!!