Page 55 of 146 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you Reading?

Quote Originally Posted by Izie
    I believe the translation would be "The Young Man" by Dostoyevsky. Not impressed, I can barely go a few chapters at a time. Nothing will ever be as good as my dear insane Nikolay *tear*
    It is a pretty good book in fact but I didn't find it, I don't know, it just didn't has Dostoevsky's style. It's probably my least favourite work of him.

And Gogol is excellent. Nose is still one of the best stories I've ever read.

I'm reading a book by Boris Vian, I can't translate the title right now but I'm loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Endymion
    god, brave new world was just *bad*. particularly that faggy shakespeare-lovin' guy.
    hahaha I agree. But I did like the first three chapters. because it grossed me out.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by killer_queen
    It is a pretty good book in fact but I didn't find it, I don't know, it just didn't has Dostoevsky's style. It's probably my least favourite work of him.
    Yeah, I started it expecting one thing and I got another - hence not being able to stick with it for longr periods of time.

I really need to find something I'll LIKE again.
    #N/A

i read brave new world when i was 14ish and i really enjoyed it. can't remember it very well now, and i hate reading things i read when i was younger because i remember them as being great and then get depressed by how bad they actually are.

i can't find a book now that i can stick with, but i really want something to read. ideally, i'd like a new chuck palahniuk book.
    Codename: Strawberry Shortcake

Interview with the vampire
    "Sleep those slices of death how i loath them" -Edgar Allen Poe

Faust Part I

TRIVIAL

Und jedes Positron entlädt sich.

I read "Tõde ja Õigus" ("Truth and justice)pt 1 by A.H. Tammsaare

i was reading "living high and letting die" by peter unger but havent read much of it in ages!
    whenever i learn something new it pushes some old knowledge out of my brain, remember that home wine making course when i forgot how to drive?!

The shadow of the wind. A friend of mine told me it was a great book and I had never heard about it. Now I'm reading it, a lot of people that see it tell me that they had already read it... =S

It's a great book, I'm enjoying it a lot. I recommend it. Anybody heard about it?
    Clara lo dejó chillar y darle golpes a los muebles hasta que se cansó y después, distraída como siempre estaba, le preguntó si sabía mover las orejas.

Fahrenheit 451, Ray Bradbury.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ♪ ♪ Wasting away..the world's right in front of me, funny you should say, that is all in my head ♫♫
    "You people are irresistible!" - Dexter Holland, 31st October 2008, Buenos Aires
    click here