Page 63 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you Reading?

BREAK Guest

Finished House on Mango Street last night. My analysis: Whatta homo book.

Quote Originally Posted by Endymion
    ditto. complete crap. what literature class are you in, break? shitty books 13 year olds are forced to read 101?
    My professor is retarded, she did her Master's thesis (or whatever) on Chicana studies and apparently thinks that everything she finds interesting is something that won't bore us to pieces.

Can someone reccommend me some Stephen King books which are decent. I've read quite a few now and am wondering which one to go for next. I'm thinking maybe Danse Macabre. Anyone read this?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrconeman View Post
    If men had pms there'd be a cure by now.
    Myspace

Audioscrobbler

BREAK Guest

Stephen King sucks a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by BREAK
    Stephen King sucks a dick.
    Possibly, but who said faggots can't write decent horror?
    Myspace

Audioscrobbler

BREAK Guest

Stephen King sucks a dick AT WRITING. He can't construct a decent sentence to save his life; he is a worthless asshole read by idiots.

Just wanted to go on record saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by BREAK
    Stephen King sucks a dick AT WRITING. He can't construct a decent sentence to save his life; he is a worthless asshole read by idiots.

Just wanted to go on record saying that.
    Fair enough. I'm sure some stuff you read i will think its complete shit.
    Myspace

Audioscrobbler

Quote Originally Posted by H1T_That
    Can someone reccommend me some Stephen King books which are decent. I've read quite a few now and am wondering which one to go for next. I'm thinking maybe Danse Macabre. Anyone read this?
    Try Nightshift. The short stories are good enough to make me read them all the way through, but short enough to work with my attention span.

A blog I recently posted about Cirque Du Freak:

Ever since school made me read all these book I didn't like and didn't want to read, I lost my will to read by choice. Now I never read, except for one series: Cirque Du Freak by Darren Shan. The man is a genius, so many twists about vampires and what not. He's finishing up the series, the 12th and final book being released in September. I just finished the 11th book a couple nights ago (I started the series in 5th grade) and it was an incredible book. For once, I can't wait to read a book. Book 9 is probably his best work with the greatest ending in any story, ever. He's working on a new series about demons I'm going to check out soon. Cirque Du Freak by Darren Shan, check it out.

my favorite stephen king short story collection is The Skeleton Key. My favorite one is The Jump. The end of it is one of the few things that has ever scared me. The images just...stuck with me.

You can check out Everything's Eventual too. The first story in it (can't recall the name) is pretty good. It's about an autopsy.

For a full book though....my favorite is Misery, by a landslide.

i guess it's all about the dream

Quote Originally Posted by Chev_Am
    Carrie: Girl, over religious mother, teased in school, goes crazy and kills everyone. Good read

Christine: Car, possesed by evil previous owner, high school nerd buys it, becomes crazy, car kills people. Also a good read

Misery: Author, gets into a car wreck, saved by crazy #1 Fan, #1 Fan nurses him back to health but makes him go crazy by chopping off his limbs etc, makes him write books just for her. Gruesome, yet interesting Read.

Green Mile: Prison Novel, takes place in the 30s?, electric chair used, suprising twist at the end. Really good read, unexpected.

There I summed up a few Stpehen King novels without giving away the ending.
    Read all of them already. Thanks anyway.

EDIT: Thanks to Sam and noodlesfan too.
    Myspace

Audioscrobbler