Page 69 of 146 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you Reading?

a sportstars autobiography!
    whenever i learn something new it pushes some old knowledge out of my brain, remember that home wine making course when i forgot how to drive?!

which?

ten characters

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashedThrasher View Post
    [I]

Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe.
    Things fall apart is a good book, but if you read that you should read the two other volumes which follow : arrow of god and don't remember the other one.

Mario Puzo - The Fortunate Pilgrim

I'm really into Puzo's style and how he works with the plot and retrospective. It keeps me interested. It gives quite a good insight on the first and second generation of Italian immigrants in New York. It really reminds me of Italians. The book has a kinda miserable feeling to it and I'm not up to the mafia bits yet (which apparently come later?). Apparently Lucia Santa influenced the creation of Don Vito character, which is fun to compare.

Anyways, I recommend Puzo's novels.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashedThrasher View Post
    The Sun Also Rises by Hemingway and as with all of his books I've read I was greatly impressed and content with what I read. He's up there on my favorite author list definitely. His style and themes make me happy I've actually finished this book as of this morning.
    I read that book once, but I kind of forgot what it was about. Hemingway has a nice way of writing though. The garden of Eden was nice too.

I don't read books, but Donald duck of course

Helter Skelter by Vince Bugliousi.

I read about half of it a while ago, but never got around to finishing it, so I'm trying again. I'm pretty far along, and it's definitely the creepiest book I've ever read.
    "I'll die before I surrender, Tim".

Last night I was reading "The Complete Jack the Ripper" an english book with a complete investigation about the killer. Real photos are included. Awesome!

I wanted to get Kurt Cobain`s Journals, but it`s too expensive. I don`t want to give money to Courtney Love so I`ll wait a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by German Andres View Post
    Last night I was reading "The Complete Jack the Ripper" an english book with a complete investigation about the killer. Real photos are included. Awesome!

I wanted to get Kurt Cobain`s Journals, but it`s too expensive. I don`t want to give money to Courtney Love so I`ll wait a few months.
    I read the complete jack the ripper this summer and you are right, it is awesome

now im gonna start reading "Dave Grohl: Foo Fighters, Nirvana & other misadventures"