Page 83 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you Reading?

I'm now going to read "the Crusader" by Jan guillou
    I hope it'll be a good one
    also
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fan

I'm reading "Kill your friends" by John Niven. Just vicious. It's about the music business in Britain during the 90s.
    Do you think you‘d sell your soul
    To just have one thing to turn out right?

I'm reading the grapes of wrath by John steinbeck...

Quote Originally Posted by darea View Post
    I'm reading the grapes of wrath by John steinbeck...
    I am as well, for my humanities class.

I am also re-reading colbert's I am america (and so can you)
    Rita corny, Michael

I’m reading this. As I type. Weeeewooooooooooooooo….

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Flux View Post
    I’m reading this. As I type. Weeeewooooooooooooooo….
    First off, know that this forum is a safe place, where even the most worthless human beings among us that drag their barely-sentient husks across the ground of this planet as they steal my oxygen to continue their worthless, parasitic existences may frolic safe in the encapsulated belief that they, too, have something to say. Know also that they are not welcome in my thread.

You, I'm talking to you. Do us all a favor and don't again gum up this bastion of semi-intellectualism. Just in case you're capable of making a reply, know that this will be the only time I address you.
    “It is a strange paradox that today’s central banks are generally staffed by economists, who by and large profess a belief in a theory which says that their jobs are, at the best, unnecessary, and more likely wealth-destroying. Needless to say, this is not a point widely discussed among respectable economists. Nevertheless, it is an issue worth pondering.”

George Cooper, The Origin of Economic Crises

Lightbulb

I'm reading Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell.

The man is good folks, the man is good. First-rate reporting from the realm of the intellect. This is a man who is geared towards changing your opinions on the world around you. Outliers does it for the common perception of genius and what genius is. Gladwell does a great job of quantifying it. Coming on the heels of reading Ayn Rand, it's like breathing pure oxygen again after... well, after reading Ayn Rand. Good for the soul. Anyway, are you a genius? Or do you hope to become one? Are you at least interested on the subject of genius, be it intellectual or physical? Read this book. It'll do you good.
    “It is a strange paradox that today’s central banks are generally staffed by economists, who by and large profess a belief in a theory which says that their jobs are, at the best, unnecessary, and more likely wealth-destroying. Needless to say, this is not a point widely discussed among respectable economists. Nevertheless, it is an issue worth pondering.”

George Cooper, The Origin of Economic Crises

Smile

"Pacific Beat" - T. Jefferson Parker
    I just started it. So far so good. It takes place in Newport Beach, Orange County, California, which is home and fun to read

Jaysus, Mota. That said, moving on.

I'm either stupid or have an ADD-like attention span, so I don't really enjoy reading books too difficult, or books of how to teach yourself skills. I just finished "As the Crow Flies" - I never read it in school, but I could tell when reading it that it was part of the curriculum of many high schools. It was a decent book, in which the main character started out as a child in the poor streets of London pre-WWI, and went on to build a retail empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Mota Boy View Post
    First off, know that this forum is a safe place, where even the most worthless human beings among us that drag their barely-sentient husks across the ground of this planet as they steal my oxygen to continue their worthless, parasitic existences may frolic safe in the encapsulated belief that they, too, have something to say. Know also that they are not welcome in my thread.

You, I'm talking to you. Do us all a favor and don't again gum up this bastion of semi-intellectualism. Just in case you're capable of making a reply, know that this will be the only time I address you.
    I genuinely hope you do not reprimand individuals in this way in your everyday life. There was no need what so ever for you to be objectionable towards me, I was merely enjoying posting on these forums. I have, as do you, every right to freedom of speech. Even if I do post random drivel or nonsensical words, I’m not impairing nor am I ceasing anyone else’s recreational diversions.

What makes you superior to anyone else on this forum? I’ll respond to this on your behalf, NOTHING. Therefore stop being so condescending and pompous and allow people to be, even if you do think they’re subordinate to you.

Could it be that YOU are the worthless human being pilfering OUR oxygen? I believe so.