Page 84 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you Reading?

Flux, you're new here; most users tend to frown on pointless posts in worthwhile threads. All you accomplish is making yourself look dumb, and derailing an otherwise intelligent topic; it's simple forum etiquette. There are several "off topic/random" threads where you can get that bullshit out of your system. You made a mistake, learn from it, move on, and you'll become a better poster.
    Last edited by jacknife737; 03-13-2009 at 03:47 PM. Reason: grammar and shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    Flux, you're new here; most users tend to frown on pointless posts in worthwhile threads. All you accomplish is making yourself look dumb, and derailing an otherwise intelligent topic; it's simple forum etiquette. There are several "off topic/random" threads where you can get that bullshit out of your system. You made a mistake, learn from it, move on, and you'll become a better poster.
    Yes, I made a pointless post but I wasnít off topic. Iím leaning and I am moving on. Thank you.

I'm supposed to be reading The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde for english lectures, but gettting throught it slowly. a lot of it just seems a bit too "oh dorian you are beautiful, come to the theatre with me"

I havent been able to read books i want to read myself in quite a while with all the college reading

Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I'm supposed to be reading The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde for english lectures, but gettting throught it slowly. a lot of it just seems a bit too "oh dorian you are beautiful, come to the theatre with me"

I havent been able to read books i want to read myself in quite a while with all the college reading
    I read a picture of dorian gray for myself while I was studying "an ideal husband" for school. I enjoyed it, it gets better when you start noticing the horrible things that are happening to the painting. I don't remember cause it was a long time ago, but the gothic side takes away all the annoying "oh you're so beautiful" parts that I get so tired of in books...

Quote Originally Posted by darea View Post
    I read a picture of dorian gray for myself while I was studying "an ideal husband" for school. I enjoyed it, it gets better when you start noticing the horrible things that are happening to the painting. I don't remember cause it was a long time ago, but the gothic side takes away all the annoying "oh you're so beautiful" parts that I get so tired of in books...
    Cool, thanks, ill try read it a bit faster to get to the better part of the book!

I'm reading "Saturday Night and Sunday Morning" by Allan Sillitoe. I'm enjoying it.

It took me a little while to figure out what woodbines were.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

I'm reading Howard Phillips Lovecraft
    I clever, because very modest, therefore such beautiful

I'm reading The end of the history and the last man by Fukuyama. And then I'll have to read 2 more books related to politics, cause our crazy professor told us to do that.

Man, everyone in here is a READER.

Right now I'm reading Cadmian's Choice by L.E. Modesitt. Light Fantasy gets you through transit quite well. I wouldn't actively recommend L.E. Modesitt to people, but to anyone who feels like mildly entertaining Fantasy to pass the time - it's a good investment.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

Finished Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card today. It was pretty good. I think I'll pick up Speaker for the Dead next.

Also continuing to make my way through The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. I quite enjoy it.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.