Page 86 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you Reading?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    The Old Man and The Sea by Ernest Hemingway. I like the way it's told, but thinking, maybe it's a bit overrated...maybe.
    Is this obligatory reading in your country?

Quote Originally Posted by slagod View Post
    Is this obligatory reading in your country?
    No, but it's one of those books that many consider a kind of "must read" and it came with the newspaper in one of those "best books of all time" series...so I decided, shit it must be really good, and am slightly disappointed.

I'm halfway through Love in the Time of Cholera

I'm soon finished with The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy by Douglas Adams. It's funny!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

i started reading a book call derailed, everything sounded quite familiar then i realised id seen the movie not so long ago! it is a really good story for those who havent seen it though!
    whenever i learn something new it pushes some old knowledge out of my brain, remember that home wine making course when i forgot how to drive?!

I'm reading Absalom, Absalom! by William Faulkner along with Beloved by Toni Morrison. I'm not very far into either, but they're both so so so great. Both authors took the same plotline and made them entirely different and entirely original.

Plus, the idea of characters being in constant battle with the past of themselves and the pasts of others is so incredibly interesting.

Smile

I just read "The Rainmaker" by John Grishom
    It was an easy quick read that held my curiousity until the end which was kind of dissappointed.
    Right Now I am reading "Helter Skelter"" by Vincent Bugliosi w/ Curt Gentry.
    Manson is one sick fuck! very disturbing.

I am almost done, about 100 pages to go. I have no idea why i am reading it, but yet i cant stop. everyday i look forward to what happened next.

I finally got round to it and read "Nineteen-EightyFour" by George Orwell. i liked it a lot. Definitely very disturbing and something everyone should read.

Now, I move onto "In Cold Blood" by Truman Capote

Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I finally got round to it and read "Nineteen-EightyFour" by George Orwell. i liked it a lot. Definitely very disturbing and something everyone should read.
    Ever since my friend read that book his paranoia become 300% worse. IT'S JUST A STORY MAN

I haven't seen him so worked up since the day we made the mistake of watching "the truman show"

Read as much as possible. Feed your brain with loads of interesting knowledge. Prepare for your bright future and take care of business.