Page 93 of 146 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you Reading?

I'd say, read Animal Farm before 1984...it's just as good, if not better.

I'm currently having to read some Shakespeare for my course. Just finished Julius Caesar...it wasn't bad. I should be moving on to One Henry IV soon... I quite like Shakespeare...once you get into his plays they're pretty interesting, and even somewhat relevant to today...well...some of them. I might re read Titus Andronicus soon...lots of clever puns in it and plenty of gore.

Quote Originally Posted by BKDH_1984 View Post
    I currently is tempted on reading the Bible for the very first time.
    lol good luck with that, Id say read the modern version. I read the whole thing like a book, just to see if I was right about not liking whats in it, and my opinion has just become worse. but I guess if one picked out some of the stories in it, and made a sort of book of legends type thing, like people have already done, it makes things more interesting. Its kinda crasy to read the whole book old and new testament all in one like I did, but now I know I wont be doing it again. I read it all in a bit more than a week. but I had to read other things at the same time or Id have really gotten bored. I kept being seized with urges to burn it! lol

anyway, I have afeeling you were joking about actually wanted to read it. Id be embarrassed to mention it. but people say its a good reference book, whether you like whats in it or not.

Im reading la citadelle d'hyponeros by pierre bordage

Quote Originally Posted by darea View Post
    lol good luck with that, Id say read the modern version. I read the whole thing like a book, just to see if I was right about not liking whats in it, and my opinion has just become worse. but I guess if one picked out some of the stories in it, and made a sort of book of legends type thing, like people have already done, it makes things more interesting. Its kinda crasy to read the whole book old and new testament all in one like I did, but now I know I wont be doing it again. I read it all in a bit more than a week. but I had to read other things at the same time or Id have really gotten bored. I kept being seized with urges to burn it! lol

anyway, I have afeeling you were joking about actually wanted to read it. Id be embarrassed to mention it. but people say its a good reference book, whether you like whats in it or not.

Im reading la citadelle d'hyponeros by pierre bordage
    But I wasn't joking about it though. Yeah, sometimes I do like kidding around and playing and or whatnot. This time I was actaully, very serious about this "Holy Bible" thing as persay but as far as you're concern then I don't know. I'll give it a try just to justify my curiousity and denial expectations.

Thanks, anyways...

Enjoy your next great reading!

p.s. I shall not read Lucifer's book. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by BKDH_1984 View Post
    But I wasn't joking about it though. Yeah, sometimes I do like kidding around and playing and or whatnot. This time I was actaully, very serious about this "Holy Bible" thing as persay but as far as you're concern then I don't know. I'll give it a try just to justify my curiousity and denial expectations.

Thanks, anyways...

Enjoy your next great reading!

p.s. I shall not read Lucifer's book. Yikes.
    well good luck with that then, its a hard read you gotta be patient with it. I got pissed off at nearly each passage, I was tempted to read the english version of the quran around the same time I read the bible but I thought reading one thing was annoying enough. The one other"religious" book that didnt bug me was the "Tao te king" by Lao tseu, basically cause is sorta like poetry and it just doesnt seem religious.

lol is there really a lucifer's book?

im supposed to read "few" books for my American Literature classes, so Im reading The Grapes of Wrath (Steinbeck) right now, and the next is gonna be Last of the Mohycans i guess
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

August 2009 - Terchová

Quote Originally Posted by darea View Post
    well good luck with that then, its a hard read you gotta be patient with it. I got pissed off at nearly each passage, I was tempted to read the english version of the quran around the same time I read the bible but I thought reading one thing was annoying enough. The one other"religious" book that didnt bug me was the "Tao te king" by Lao tseu, basically cause is sorta like poetry and it just doesnt seem religious.

lol is there really a lucifer's book?
    Nahhhh, I don't need good luck. I am harmless to the Holy Bible.

Alright, I'll take your word for it and thanks anyways.

LOL, okay I was just being a silly dork! @ Lucifer's one

Enjoy your readings! p.s. For the record: I'm a sucker for poetry.

just finished a csi miami book, was ok but the story was a bot far fetched and ended very suddenly!
    whenever i learn something new it pushes some old knowledge out of my brain, remember that home wine making course when i forgot how to drive?!

Just started the new Dan Brown book The Lost Symbol, finding it hard to get into!

I started reading "Murder On The Orient Express" by Agatha Christie... I can't say anything about that, cause I just started but I'm liking it...

Anansi Boys is now my favorite of the Gaiman books I've read so. It was witty, charming, disturbing, and at no point did it drag on like American Gods. Although I wouldn't describe it as a comedy, the funny bits were actually funny and never felt forced. Great overall read. Quick synopsis (Warning: minor early spoilers ahead): Fat Charlie is engaged and finds out his father, who he hasn't spoken to in years due to having Charlie traumatized through constant embarrassment, has died. After the funeral he learns that his father was an actual god and that he has a brother. They meet up, stuff of the magical nature happens.

I've had enough of my Gaiman fanboyism. I'll be reading the Hitchhikers series next.
    Last edited by Jebus; 10-27-2009 at 05:28 PM.