Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: The Shows are great, but to short

  1. #1

    Default The Shows are great, but to short

    They have seven albuns, they have more than 90 songs to play, they just can't do an 1 hour concert with 21 songs anymore. I don't know man, why the concerts can't be longer, every concert should have 30 songs at least, with an intermission in the 15th song, that's not so hard to do every night. Iron Maiden Plays more than 2 hours on a concert every time, and they are fucking old, why the offspring can do it ? Even Ivete Sangalo and shit bands here in Brasil can play more than 2 hours, this shit pisses me off...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Venezuela Puerto Cabello
    Posts
    1,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fernômeno
    They have seven albuns, they have more than 90 songs to play, they just can't do an 1 hour concert with 21 songs anymore. I don't know man, why the concerts can't be longer, every concert should have 30 songs at least, with an intermission in the 15th song, that's not so hard to do every night. Iron Maiden Plays more than 2 hours on a concert every time, and they are fucking old, why the offspring can do it ? Even Ivete Sangalo and shit bands here in Brasil can play more than 2 hours, this shit pisses me off...
    you think that they´re a robots?? remember they cam feel bad or just "out of fuel"
    Regrets A Memories No Remorse No Apologgies No Reason For Me To Desapear
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ick/NewDex.jpg

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Venezuelan_Nightmare
    you think that they´re a robots?? remember they cam feel bad or just "out of fuel"
    If they feel bad or without fuel after 2 hours playing that's ok...but If they feel bad after 1 hour they should stop playing, because nobody that likes playing gets tired after just an hour, and If they are playing without really wanting to play, and I really doubt that, they should just quit...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Montreal... didn't I already said it
    Posts
    294

    Default

    well maybe on their next tour they will... you know they play a lot of the songs of their current album and some other songs but that's becuz it's the tour for that album... but I think if they do a big tour that isn't about their current album then they would rock all night long... lolll well or 2 hours

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,071

    Default

    i think the amount of time they play is fine. when i saw them they played about 22 songs. thats a pretty long set list. iron maiden is iron maiden, i dont know what there deal is, maybe its because there songs are pretty long and they have to play atleast 20 songs so it takes longer for the set to end because each song is fairly long.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,222

    Default

    I was okay with the time of Offspring shows, till I went to the Die Ärzte concert. Die Ärzte play 3 hours and if they're in a good mood even longer!! Farin Urlaub (the singer of that band) was right as he said in concert that you'll be unsatisfied with every other show after you saw them, but even though I'm damn thankful for every show Offspring give in Cologne. Rather a short show than no show, I say!
    Shit is fucked up, so dance fucker dance!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Venezuela Puerto Cabello
    Posts
    1,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fernômeno
    If they feel bad or without fuel after 2 hours playing that's ok...but If they feel bad after 1 hour they should stop playing, because nobody that likes playing gets tired after just an hour, and If they are playing without really wanting to play, and I really doubt that, they should just quit...
    yes, but remember that they can get tired , they´re touring around the world example when offspring come here to play they play in october 27 and after they play they go to colombia to play almost 28 or 29 (don´t remember very well) and see that.
    Regrets A Memories No Remorse No Apologgies No Reason For Me To Desapear
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ick/NewDex.jpg

  8. #8

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by bouncingcoles
    i think the amount of time they play is fine. when i saw them they played about 22 songs. thats a pretty long set list. iron maiden is iron maiden, i dont know what there deal is, maybe its because there songs are pretty long and they have to play atleast 20 songs so it takes longer for the set to end because each song is fairly long.
    Yeah man, that's what I'm talking. You see, Iron plays songs of 7, 8 minutes, they have to play 20 songs, so they play for to hours. Don't you agree with me that if a band have songs of 3 minutes or less, they have to play more than 20 songs to satisfy theier public ? For example in south america, they come here every 2 years or more, and they do a show in each country on the bigger city of the country, so we here have to travel long distances, spend a lot of money treveling, and more money on the ticket, for 1 hour of concert, knowing that they have enought songs to play for 4 hours at least, It's kind of disappointing. Another thing, this is a constructive critic, I went to all of theier shows here in Brazil, and they were all the best thing I made in the year, and they still are the best band ever for me

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,071

    Default

    the venues pays them to play there so its up to the venue how long they play.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fernômeno
    They have seven albuns, they have more than 90 songs to play, they just can't do an 1 hour concert with 21 songs anymore. I don't know man, why the concerts can't be longer, every concert should have 30 songs at least, with an intermission in the 15th song, that's not so hard to do every night. Iron Maiden Plays more than 2 hours on a concert every time, and they are fucking old, why the offspring can do it ? Even Ivete Sangalo and shit bands here in Brasil can play more than 2 hours, this shit pisses me off...
    The one I went to was really short. And they had 20 or 21 songs. It was still a kickass show. It rocked cos my friend got Noodles' pick handed to him and I stayed kinda late and got the setlist and got it autographed by Dexter
    Dance fucker, dance.

    twitter.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •