Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Instrument Talk!

Default Official Instrument Talk!

I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but I'm gonna try it anyway. Also, if this is the wrong forum, I'm very sorry.

Just post whatever interesting stuff that happened/you're doing/etc. to your instrument! Conversations will progress. Anyway, that's enough.

I just found out last week that my bass strings will cost $50. I got so pissed off. I never got a job for the summer either and now I don't know if I can afford a new bass and amp. This sucks!
    Last edited by Harnum; 06-10-2007 at 04:08 PM.
    i'm upset, happiness is not a fish that you can catch.
    imagination can't resist the laziness.

Flickr | YouTube

im gonna make a tele/ strat combo ( like make my own guitar ) tele body w/ all strat components. how the hell do bass strings cost $50?!?! well i guess im lucky i get $50 allowance once a month
    Check out my music -> Random Goods

Quote Originally Posted by Ryder1234 View Post
    im gonna make a tele/ strat combo ( like make my own guitar ) tele body w/ all strat components. how the hell do bass strings cost $50?!?! well i guess im lucky i get $50 allowance once a month
    Fucking die.

I recently had to mess with my Jazz Bass' strings, too. None of them were sounding, so I had to detune them all (causing the G to snap for no real reason whatsoever), raise the saddles, and then restring it. This was over the course of about 3 weeks because I've been so busy/unable to find Alan's Head screwdrivers. Also, the input jack on that bass is busted, which is starting to severely bother me.

My guitar, however, is in tip-top shape. I recently turned all of my effects on at once and managed to replicate a dying animal. I plan on using it at some point.

Btw, anyone know of any good MIDI Keyboards that sell for cheap but aren't shit? I'm borrowing my friend's synthesizer, but she never gave me a MIDI-out cable, so I have to plug it in as a normal instrument, which isn't as nice-sounding. Thanks!

Looks like this thread might just work out.

Mike, I don't know where to get a MIDI Keyboard, sorry man. I'm lucky if I could find a normal one. My city = shitt-ay! Good luck though. My G-string broke too! (lol G-string!) I popped off the bottom string and it all uncoiled. I got all pissed at it and haven't played it in a week. Suckz!

Ryder, I love the Telecaster body shape and headstock. If I were you, I'd customize it somehow or something. I don't see the purpose in Strat components. Go buy some cool shit for it!

Flickr | YouTube

My bass could use some new strings too...

Other than that, it's pefect. <3

I'm thinking about getting a new guitar... soonish... kind of...
    The locking Floyd Rose on mine is kind of a bitch when I'm changing strings.
    I've had my eye on a few, but I'm thinking about getting a Gibson Faded Flying V.

And I want to get a distortion pedal, possibly an Electro Harmonix Metal Muff w/ Top Boost. But, I'm not quite sure yet.

Aaannndd, I kind of need new amps for both bass AND guitar.

I dunno, there's so much stuff I want/need to buy, and my job hardly pays me anything, so it's gonna take a while to get all of it. Like... a loooong while.

Um, here's some of the stuff I have

A Custom 22" Ping ride. beautiful.

Now for others I don't have in my photobucket...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...Tom?sku=447874
    I recently bought this kit and my God, it's powerful. Especially with the Evans EC2 heads and an Aquarian Superkick II on my bass. *drools*

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...ats?sku=443847
    These are my hi-hats and they are better than yours. 'nuff said

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...dal?sku=448279
    I got this as an expansion to my new kit and it is easily the best bass pedal I've ever used before. So many ways to adjust it and it feels so wonderful. Amazing pedal.

Everything else about my set is not all that great, so I won't share it.
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro offspring View Post
    is it true that obama may legaliz it?

Oh, and to any other drummers here, I need a light ride cymbal that I can use for jazz but is also adaptable to being a crash in rock. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro offspring View Post
    is it true that obama may legaliz it?

You're not alone, Professor Chaos. I need a new amp/bass for this summer, AND I need an amp for my Fender Bronco. She's a 1974(76?). A real beauty. She sounds awesome when she's plugged in. That also needs strings too. Poor guitar is in horrible shape, though. The previous owner gave it to us and it was all scratched and dented up. I love it though. =]

EDIT: Thomas, almost the 1337 post! =O

Flickr | YouTube

Roger: Flying V's are pretty meh. I've played one and it was really uncomfortable to sit and play. Plus, you're pretty much stuck with that trebley ear-rape tone constantly when playing it, which sucks. But go for the Big Muff Pi; I've had mine for about a year and a half, and it gives great tone.

Yeah, I heard they suck to play sitting down, and I'm not very good at playing while standing, so I was kinda hoping it'd force me to play standing, and get better at it... But knowing me, I'd just be like "pff, fuck this," and just sit down and play my other guitar. :\

I'm not exactly positive on what I want to buy. I was also considering a hollow body, but... I dunno. I'd probably order one, and then hate it.

I definitely want to try it before I buy it, but that's pretty impossible where I live... The selection here is lame, and every thing's either used or just plain sucky. I want a new one dammit!

I was thinking of getting a Fender of some sort too, but... I dunno...

I guess it's a good thing I've got a while to make up my mind.