Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you like Offspring?

Default Why do you like Offspring?

I like them, because the make very geilen punkrock
    http://www.dinosandiemacht.de.tl
    Last edited by maw2007; 08-28-2007 at 01:38 AM.

I like them because they make very good music.
    but not in a gay way

I love their books.
    Could you find my motivation ?
    I can't see it through this haze

It's german and it means: cool/fun/nice. Or something like that.
    I got my propaganda
    I got revisionism
    I got my violence
    In hi-def ultra-realism
    All a part of this great nation
    I got my fist
    I got my plan
    I got survivalism

Litteraly it means horny. But it's also used instead of "cool".

Oh and I don't like The Offspring.

Yeah in dutch, But not in german....right? Now the big question is. Is maw2007 dutch or german.
    I got my propaganda
    I got revisionism
    I got my violence
    In hi-def ultra-realism
    All a part of this great nation
    I got my fist
    I got my plan
    I got survivalism

Because in punk, there is a lot of hypocracy and just plain stupidity that I don't see in the Offspring. Too many bands jump on band wagons while criticizing people that do the very same. Too many bands sing about tolerance and then go on to bash anyone with a religious faith.
    Also, I've noticed a lot of people that still think anarchy is the way to be, but that's just retarded. Perhaps it's true that "the government that governs best, governs least" but, as the Dead Kennedy's said, "anarchy sounds good to me until someone asks who'd fix the sewers. Would the rednecks just play king of the neighborhood?" The people that preech anarcy (and are serious about it) just haven't thought it through.
    Also, drugs. NOFX is a good example of this. I love NOFX, I really do, but it's kind of irritating that they seem so hostile towards anyone who doesn't want to risk fucking up their lives with addictions.

Anyway, these are just some of the reasons I think the Offspring is better than other punk bands.

To summarize: Because they're smart.

Oh, also, when in a shitty mood, the Offspring has often been quite a help for some reason.

Default German

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash View Post
    Yeah in dutch, But not in german....right? Now the big question is. Is maw2007 dutch or german.
    Ich komme aus Deutschland.
    I am from germany.

...really weird thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Ladnav View Post
    Because in punk, there is a lot of hypocracy and just plain stupidity that I don't see in the Offspring. Too many bands jump on band wagons while criticizing people that do the very same. Too many bands sing about tolerance and then go on to bash anyone with a religious faith.
    Also, I've noticed a lot of people that still think anarchy is the way to be, but that's just retarded. Perhaps it's true that "the government that governs best, governs least" but, as the Dead Kennedy's said, "anarchy sounds good to me until someone asks who'd fix the sewers. Would the rednecks just play king of the neighborhood?" The people that preech anarcy (and are serious about it) just haven't thought it through.
    Also, drugs. NOFX is a good example of this. I love NOFX, I really do, but it's kind of irritating that they seem so hostile towards anyone who doesn't want to risk fucking up their lives with addictions.

Anyway, these are just some of the reasons I think the Offspring is better than other punk bands.

To summarize: Because they're smart.

Oh, also, when in a shitty mood, the Offspring has often been quite a help for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Macko View Post
    ...really weird thread...
    These just totally needed to be quoted.
    but not in a gay way