Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Artists Formerly Known as First in Flight

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Default The Artists Formerly Known as First in Flight

Last edited by randman21; 08-17-2010 at 03:15 AM.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

I think it's all good stuff, and I really LOOOVE big as life, great song. But then again, you already know don't you?

Hope you people of the bbs will eventually write what you think about their music, cause he needs other people's opinions....

Hay, I had a listen earlier, just only got round to replying (it's been too much of a busy day for me!). I think the music is awesome, I'm really liking the sound, it's right up my street. Vocals are really good, they fit well with the songs. Guitar riffs are great and for some strange reason I really like the sound of the drums!

Also I don't think they're "bad quality" at all, in fact it gives the songs a bit of an edge, reminds of some of the old 80s DIY punk that I've heard. I'll be eagerly awaiting some more tracks and maybe an EP?

you guys are really good. the vocalist is awesome. keep rocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    Hay, I had a listen earlier, just only got round to replying (it's been too much of a busy day for me!). I think the music is awesome, I'm really liking the sound, it's right up my street. Vocals are really good, they fit well with the songs. Guitar riffs are great and for some strange reason I really like the sound of the drums!

Also I don't think they're "bad quality" at all, in fact it gives the songs a bit of an edge, reminds of some of the old 80s DIY punk that I've heard. I'll be eagerly awaiting some more tracks and maybe an EP?
    Thaaanks. Funny enough, I'd just had the idea of an EP about a week ago. It was a "why the hell hasn't this happened by now" kinda thing. We'll be putting that together. And YOU should take some time out to relaaaax.

Quote Originally Posted by Sham View Post
    you guys are really good. the vocalist is awesome. keep rocking.
    Thank you, too. I am the singer (and guitarist), so I'm especially glad you enjoyed.
    My myoosik:

Well, when are you gonna let us hear some new stuff? I know you've recorded new songs and I can't wait to hear new, Im sure Bazz might want to hear some of it too, I guess...

Originals aren't too bad. Hopefully you get a real drummer because, if I'm not mistaken, that IS a drum program.

I liked Genocide. Only, the bass wasn't loud enough. The Meaning of Life was kinda cool as an acoustic. It could use some improvement though.

Overall, good job.
    i'm upset, happiness is not a fish that you can catch.
    imagination can't resist the laziness.

Flickr | YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Harnum View Post
    Originals aren't too bad. Hopefully you get a real drummer because, if I'm not mistaken, that IS a drum program.

I liked Genocide. Only, the bass wasn't loud enough. The Meaning of Life was kinda cool as an acoustic. It could use some improvement though.

Overall, good job.
    Nine months later, thanks Harnum. Heh, I totally missed this post. FYI, there was not bass anywhere. Just me, a guitar, and yep, a drum program :P

Anyway, I'm bumping this because we've changed our name to The Fisticuffs. I now have a drummer, though he hasn't recorded on any of the songs on the myspace. I think I will go ahead and EDIT the first post once I decide whether to make a new profile (I hate that the URL is still the same). So yeah, I re-recorded the first two songs soon after I made this thread. Still bad quality, but just a little better.
    My myoosik:

You guys are really good. Keep it up, because you can!

Thanks, Raptor! We're in the process of recruiting a bassist and lead guitarist so we can get on stage. I'll give an update on that as it happens.
    My myoosik: