Thread: Gang of Four

Default Gang of Four

Is much better then every single other band mentioned here.

Kayleigh Guest

I bought one of their albums. I can't remember what it was called, but I have never listened to it all the way through. I like the songs when I hear just one, but they get on my nerves in an album.

I have to listen to it in instalments!

Quote Originally Posted by SicN Twisted
    Is much better then every single other band mentioned here.
    Agreed!

Also, most every band gaining popularity today is just trying to be Gang of Four.

BREAK Guest

MOB >>>>>>>>>>> GO4

You know it's true, man.

Even though Boston has adopted me....I'm not entirely sure I can agree with that statement, Break.

BREAK Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565
    Even though Boston has adopted me....I'm not entirely sure I can agree with that statement, Break.
    Come on, the Gang only put out ONE good album! ONE! And yeah, sure, it was a GREAT album...but it doesn't excuse all the boring disco crap they proceeded to spew forth for the remainder of their career.

Everything Burma ever dropped has been golden. How many other bands can you think of that have broken up, not played together for 22 years, then reformed & were still EVERY bit as good as they were in their prime?

There will be only one Gang of Four for me. And they weren't a band.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Quote Originally Posted by BREAK
    Come on, the Gang only put out ONE good album! ONE! And yeah, sure, it was a GREAT album...but it doesn't excuse all the boring disco crap they proceeded to spew forth for the remainder of their career.

Everything Burma ever dropped has been golden. How many other bands can you think of that have broken up, not played together for 22 years, then reformed & were still EVERY bit as good as they were in their prime?
    True, true. But does MOB make you wanna shake it all around until you drop every time you hear them?

I happened to love every Gang of Four album equally. They're filled with down to earth, funk energy which makes it impossible not to dance to them, mixed in with complex, deep seated sociopolitical messages.

MOB is okay, but I always found them to be a bit bland. They do give Boston a better name them Dream Theatre, though.