Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I seriously need advice on this...

Hybrid View

Default I seriously need advice on this...

if you can figure out a solution to this, you are my hero for the rest of the year...

ok, so i have this one friend that calls me up absolutely every single day. now most of the time, i enjoy his company. the problem is, i don't want to hang out with him anywhere near as much as he wants to hang out with me. this is mainly because he has few other friends. to make matters worse, almost none of my other friends like him much, and some even hate him, so its not even like i can just bring him around when i'm chilling with my other friends. to make things EVEN WORSE, he is the most confrontational motherfucker around and he's like ultra paranoid and suspicious, so it's really difficult to tell him little lies to get him off my case as well.

what in the world can i do?
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

I was going to offer advice, but then I saw your signature, so now I'm just going to call you an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexandematthew View Post
    Sometime I think about the Drama and Jokes I visit on this Board. This is not only for Drama and Jokes but some important information like Handmade Mattresses.

This is trolling. I don't believe for a second that you actually have a friend.
    "I'll die before I surrender, Tim".

Quote Originally Posted by Jakebert View Post
    blah blah blah, saw this one coming from a mile away.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakebert View Post
    hahaha awesome

Question

I'm beginning to wonder if Iamsam & Jakebert are the same guy...

Quote Originally Posted by Cock Joke View Post
    I'm beginning to wonder if Iamsam & Jakebert are the same guy...
    And if so why would it matter?
    "There are no fools more bothersome than those with wit"

Quote Originally Posted by That_Guy91 View Post
    I was going to offer advice, but then I saw your signature, so now I'm just going to call you an idiot.
    alright i changed it, i didn't even mean to still have that in there.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    ok, so i have this one friend that calls me up absolutely every single day. now most of the time, i enjoy his company. the problem is, i don't want to hang out with him anywhere near as much as he wants to hang out with me. this is mainly because he has few other friends. to make matters worse, almost none of my other friends like him much, and some even hate him, so its not even like i can just bring him around when i'm chilling with my other friends. to make things EVEN WORSE, he is the most confrontational motherfucker around and he's like ultra paranoid and suspicious, so it's really difficult to tell him little lies to get him off my case as well.
    This begs the question - why are you so concerned with keeping him as your friend in the first place? You have a choice in these matters, you know. Just tell him you don't want to hang out with him every single day, and if this causes him to freak out and break up with you, then... it doesn't really sound like you'll be worse off for it.
    “It is a strange paradox that today’s central banks are generally staffed by economists, who by and large profess a belief in a theory which says that their jobs are, at the best, unnecessary, and more likely wealth-destroying. Needless to say, this is not a point widely discussed among respectable economists. Nevertheless, it is an issue worth pondering.”

George Cooper, The Origin of Economic Crises

Quote Originally Posted by Mota Boy View Post
    This begs the question - why are you so concerned with keeping him as your friend in the first place? You have a choice in these matters, you know. Just tell him you don't want to hang out with him every single day, and if this causes him to freak out and break up with you, then... it doesn't really sound like you'll be worse off for it.
    the thing is, i DO want him as a friend. i just don't want to see him as often as he wants to see me because A)he gets annoying after a while B) it prevents me from seeing me other friends because like i said, they don't really care for him. and honestly, i would just flat out tell him that i don't want to hang out as much, except that i have no idea how i would go about telling someone that. it seems like an inherently mean thing to say, even though it really shouldn't be.