Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I seriously need advice on this...

I've been in this situation before, and there's really no easy way out of it. I would say just go with Mota Boy's suggestion. The thing is, it really sucks to lose a friend, especially when you really WANT to be friends with them and hang out...so you can always hope that he handles it well. But if not, you'll just have to deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    Wait, now you're trying to tell us the clitoris exists?

"Sorry, I already made plans for today. Tell you what, let's hang out ******"

Sounds like a basic social skill to me.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    "Sorry, I already made plans for today. Tell you what, let's hang out ******"

Sounds like a basic social skill to me.
    no, that's basic social skills used to deal with normal people who have other friends, that aren't fucking desperate to hang out with you. i know most people would just accept that answer, but when i say things like that to this guy, he almost always asks me what i'm going to be doing, and if im going to be around later, and sometimes he even tries to tag along. furthermore, i can only say that him once in a while before he gets suspicious. like i said, he calls me almost everyday, so i can't just constantly say that. and to make things worse, he knows i usually just chill in my apartment and get fucked up, so he see's no good reason why he can't be involved.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    if you can figure out a solution to this, you are my hero for the rest of the year...

ok, so i have this one friend that calls me up absolutely every single day. now most of the time, i enjoy his company. the problem is, i don't want to hang out with him anywhere near as much as he wants to hang out with me. this is mainly because he has few other friends. to make matters worse, almost none of my other friends like him much, and some even hate him, so its not even like i can just bring him around when i'm chilling with my other friends. to make things EVEN WORSE, he is the most confrontational motherfucker around and he's like ultra paranoid and suspicious, so it's really difficult to tell him little lies to get him off my case as well.

what in the world can i do?
    I think it's obvious: You need to stop, take some time to think, and figure out what's important to you.
    "There are no fools more bothersome than those with wit"

Quote Originally Posted by IamSam View Post
    I think it's obvious: You need to stop, take some time to think, and figure out what's important to you.
    you know what? i hope you walk off a cliff, and you don't fall until you actually realize that you walked off a cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    you know what? i hope you walk off a cliff, and you don't fall until you actually realize that you walked off a cliff.
    Sooo...I take it that using your brain is not one of your strong suits.
    "There are no fools more bothersome than those with wit"

Despite the fact that this guy is kinda an idiot from what I've seen, I can sympathise with the situation.

My advice is similar to Mota's, in that I think you should sit the guy down and talk to him. Friendships should be two people enjoying each other's company, not dreading when the other one is going to call. But obviously you shouldn't explain that to him - explain that sometimes you just want some time to yourself, or with other people. It's not that you don't like hanging out with him or anything - heavens, no - it's just that sometimes you just wanna kick off your shoes, get a nice beverage and watch some crap on TV.

If he can't handle that, keep going with it. Tell him that this is how it is, and he can either accept that you don't want to hang out all the time, or he can fuck off - and then of course he won't be able to hang out with him at all. See how he'd like -that- situation.
    "I don't cut my grass. I threaten it."

grow a spine, say no every once in a while.

Tell him the truth, you're friends think he's a dick but that you think he's cool, so don't drop by when they're around.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

I think you should say something like: "Man, you're cool and stuff, but I don't want to see you every single day. I need time for myself." I honestly hate it, if I don't get time for myself, I'm a very calm person.
    Do you think you‘d sell your soul
    To just have one thing to turn out right?