Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A Wilhelm Scream

Bump for new album news.

Writing time is my favorite part about being in a band. I love writing new songs with my friends and this is the second time writing with Brian and I am really looking forward to watching he and Nick further develop writing their parts together. This will be the first time writing with Mike (the fastest and flashiest player I've ever been in a band with since Brian) and I know he writes alot of material which is a new thing for me to have so much input already coming from the other players. I am stoked about it. Mike's songs are probably gonna necessitate me practicing my instrument which is nice. Dick! I know Nuno's been writing some lyrics so it will be great to have some more material come from him as I enjoy his writing when it comes. As for myself, I have alot of ideas brewing and alot of words written. All I need is a couple late nights to drive around New Bedford by myself to put some of them together. New Bedford inspires these songs in a way that I can't really explain. It's good to be home.

I have a feeling we're gonna have a fuckload of songs. We got like five going already (and a few that didn't get recorded for the last album which we're revamping), so we're looking at doing a few AWS projects that should be a blast to put together. Fuck, I even wanna do a covers record, I think that would be an interesting collection of songs! One thing at a time though, I'm rambling. That's why this is a blog. Fuck off.

So the next full length will be recorded in January at the Blasting Room with Bill and Jason once again. Once we have the label(s) figured out, you'll hear it here first, but I'd expect the new album in the Spring. (Start searching the pirate mp3 sites now.)
    http://www.punknews.org/article/30523
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

That's awesome. I'm looking forward to the new album.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    If two guys loving Offspring together is wrong, I don't want anything to be right.

i 2nd that i also hope it's on nitro

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    i 2nd that i also hope it's on nitro
    Same with me, although i have a strong feeling they're going to be moving to one of the bigger indies, like Fat Wreck.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

I've discussed this before, but I'm still wondering if Nitro is putting out records anymore. The only record they put out in 2007 was A Wilhelm Scream, if I'm not mistaken. And they haven't put out anything in 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I've discussed this before, but I'm still wondering if Nitro is putting out records anymore. The only record they put out in 2007 was A Wilhelm Scream, if I'm not mistaken. And they haven't put out anything in 2008.
    It's a label that's obviously been hit hard, but i don't really see it collapsing. They just need to sign some new material. As long as Dexter is interested in putting out music that he likes, Nitro will stick around.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

AWS released a new song on their Myspace. It was recorded for Career Suicide, but it got cut for whatever reason. It fucking ROCKS. Check it out, it's called "The I Hate Club". I actually like it better than most of the songs on CS.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...iendID=2232442
    Last edited by bighead384; 01-31-2009 at 03:02 PM.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    It's a label that's obviously been hit hard, but i don't really see it collapsing. They just need to sign some new material. As long as Dexter is interested in putting out music that he likes, Nitro will stick around.
    Psh...so much for this.

meh

In more interesting news, i picked Ruiner, and was surprised to hear slow/soft songs given how intense Career Suicide was.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    meh

In more interesting news, i picked Ruiner, and was surprised to hear slow/soft songs given how intense Career Suicide was.
    I've had a "this is the best song in the world" phase with every song off Ruiner, except for that really soft one in the middle of the cd. Seriously. I'll never understand it, but I thought that cd was just ok the first time I heard it.