Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hammerhead breakdown = Nirvana "stay away"

Default Hammerhead breakdown = Nirvana "stay away"

At 2:38 into Hammerhead if it werent for a few snare strikes, the songs would be almost identicle. I have been an offspring fan since 98, and I'm having a hard time adjusting to this one because of the simularities. you be the judge. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA5HbqgCIUE

Also i'm new to the forum and wanted to stop by and say hello. It's nice that the guys still have a great fan base after all these years

Hmm, not quite the same chords. But it's possible Dexter was inspired by it subconsciously since he does really like Nirvana.

EDIT: Oh, and brace yourself for shit flying- see the Offspring vs. MCR thread for details.

haha no I'm not saying that the offspring copied anyone. just pointing out somethin that i noticed between two bands i like alot. it seems like these days that its hard to make origanl stuff without sounding like somethin thats been done before. I havent seen the thread about the offspring copying mcr. there would be no way in hell they would take inspiration from such a shallow band

After J.S. Bach and Mozart, no new music has been done.

Yeah, Mozart was the original punk.

Sounds similar, I didn't realize that until I read this thread. Don't forget that the beginning of "Self Esteem" is almost like that from "Smells Like Teen Spirit".
    And if this post offends you, just don't read it...

You can probably find hundreds of similarities to Hammerhead breakdown chords... seriously, did someone think The Offspring made the chords first to this date? It's 2008 and variations of new bar chords is tough times to find out. You make a punk song with bar chords and I'll find you a song which you stealed. The point is, who gives a fuck. The song is totally awesome and that's it. Besides, I don't like that Nirvana song at all.

It's not the same chords at all, it's the actual riff that's similar.

BTW, Self Esteem doesn't sound like Smells Like Teen Spirit at all IMO o_O

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderPX View Post
    Hmm, not quite the same chords. But it's possible Dexter was inspired by it subconsciously since he does really like Nirvana.

EDIT: Oh, and brace yourself for shit flying- see the Offspring vs. MCR thread for details.
    Yeah, except unlike with the MCR song which had no similarities whatsoever, this time the basslines are almost identical.

Talkin about similarities, listen to AFI - A Single Second and compare the choruses with Hammerhead But to say the least, these chord combinations had been everywhere... The feeling "I heard it somewhere" is common in punk music.