Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite song & why?

Default What's your favorite song & why?

My favorite song has been the same since I was about ... well, I'm not sure. Since I can remember, anyway. "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" by The Tokens. Here's the why part: when I was very little, my Uncle Wally had a juke box in his livingroom. Anytime I'd go there, he'd put that song on the juke box and dance with me until I was ready to do other things. He'd play it a million times if he had to. However, he passed away about a year ago. Now when I hear it, I start to cry so I haven't really been able to listen to it anymore. But it will always be my favorite song.

Now, you tell me your favorite song and why. And it can't be something stupid and gay like, "OMG I TOTALI LUV STRONGER BY MY GRRRL BRIT SPEARS CUZ SHES MY IDOLLL!!11!1!/1/1!" K? K. Now tell me!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnSpring!
    Killer queen and kamikaze are two stupid retarded.
    Especially the second.
    i'm miss world. somebody kill me.

It is very close when it comes to this but my ten finalists are:

"Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana because it is just a great song with great guitars and it reminds me of my school. This would be probably be the song I would pick if I could only pick one.

"Bad Habit" by The Offspring because it's just awesome. It shows the anger I really like.

"Cold Day In The Sun" by Foo Fighters because it is one of those songs where you aren't in a good mood it will turn you around.

"Bust A Move" by Young MC because it is me and my friend's party theme song. We made up this little dance thing (resembling Grind) for it and it is sweet.

"Always" by Saliva because it reminded me of alot of things when I listen to it. It is a really rocking song too.

"Nothin' But A Good Time" by Poison. Grind got me to like it but now I love it. It is hard to desribe it.

"Boom" by P.O.D. Was THE song. Grind did something with this song again. It just shows how awesome music can be.

"Superman" by Stereophonics. It is one of those songs with a meaning that you like and has a sweet beat to it.

"Fire It Up" by Black Label Society because it is soo easy to love this song. It really hard metal and is something that you blast your iPod too.

"The Breakup Song" by American Hi-Fi. Something I can relate to? Sweet chorus and everything.

Edit: Man On The Moon by R.E.M. is a classic song I listened to alot as a kid and it brings back my childhood.

"Infected" by Bad Religion because it has a perfect intro and catchy chorus. I love this song.
    Last edited by Nineteen Seventy Nine; 02-02-2006 at 05:04 PM.

Dismemberment Plan - The Other Side

Because it's awesome. The music is great, the lyrics are depressingly optimistic and while I have heard other bands try doing the same kind of thing, they've never come close to pulling it off this well. The whole song is just awesome.

It used to be No Rain by Blind Melon. That still ranks pretty high but it doesn't top this anymore.

Hard to say. If I don't include Offspring songs, it would be Stairway to Heaven because it is just plain awesome, Black Dog by Led Zeppelin because it is just plain cool and I love the drum beats, Around the World by the RHCP because I love the vocals, Disarm by the Smashing Pumpkins because of its powerful lyrics, Untitled by the Smashing Pumpkins because of its powerful lyrics, Sh'e Leaving Home by the Beatles because I need a sad song every once in a while, Eleanor Rigby by the Beatles for the same reason, or Ava Adore by The Smashing Pumpkins because it is just really good and I love the rhythms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offspring-Fanatic
    no. thomas is the most awesome guy on here. you just don't find him funny because he is cooler than you.

My favorite song changes all the time, depending on songs I get tired of and my mood at the moment.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

Alex, you rock SOOOOO much for saying that.

My daddy used to always play that on his guitar and sing it when we were little kids. Even now, it's a really popular campfire/party song whenever we have family get togethers. My dad warms up his vocals so he can do the super high "Eeee-eee-eeee-um-um-a-weh" (I have no clue how to type that) part. And then my uncles do bird calls and jungle noises in the background. It's fantastic.

Other popular childhood sing-a-long songs include "Dance, Dance, Dance" by Steve Miller and other popular drunken party sing-a-long songs include "Margaritaville" by Jimmy Buffett.

In 2003, and every year before that it seemed. It was "Man On The Moon" by R.E.M. It reminds me of my childhood I guess.

I don't see anything wrong with liking Britney Spears' bubblegum pop.

I have a bunch of favorite songs, and they change every week or so. I don't think I could pinpoint an all-time favorite. Not all of them are all cool, and I can't quite justify why exactly I like them. Well.. they become my favorites because they remind me of certain happy moments.

Like "This Is How We Do" by Big Tymers is one of my faves right now because it reminds me of my husband in a stretched out red tshirt carrying me around on his back and singing along to it. And he's so white it hurts.

That might be "stupid and gay", but frankly, I don't care.

When I'm good, I'm very, very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better.

Actually, Alex loves Britney Spears. She practically adores her.

I don't really know why she used her as an example, though.
    I would spread the cloths under your feet: but I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Right now, it's Les Claypool's Frog Brigade playing Holy Mackerel's Hendershot. It sounds nothing like anything you'd hear Les play because it's a really upbeat surf-rock song. I <3333 the saxophone solo and the use of the line "His Ol' Greasy Granny called him Hendershot." This song's been playing on repeat for the past like 20 minutes.