Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ever begged for a grade before?

Yeah, don't lie and make shit up. That won't help anything. Just tell him you worked hard, did your best, and want to know if there is anything else you can do since you are concerned about your grade.

i guess it's all about the dream

Being honest doesn't work. If you really worked hard and tried your best, then you got the good grade (the grade you deserved). As far as the instructor is concerned, he did his job. He graded you fairly. The fact that you're not happy with your grade is none of his business. It's not his fault you're not capable of getting a better grade. He has a full class of kids who are not happy with their grade and wish they had done better and so what? He can't bump the grades of everyone.

If he IS going to give someone the extra grade, you're going to have to convince him why you and not someone else.
    All I can hear, I me mine
    I me mine, I me mine

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I'm having a little trouble deciding about what to lie about when it comes to the whole unforeseen, fucked up, unfair circumstance thing. I'm thinking something like "I was dealing with the end of a two year relationship during the last two weeks of class". How's that sound?
    he's not going to give a shit unless your parents died or something of that nature. honestly, college professors don't care if your dog got run over, your uncle vincent has ass cancer or your girlfriend had the football team run the train on her. really. all that matters is 1) your concern about the grade and 2) your effort and desire to remedy the situation.

and don't even mention your tutor, that just makes you sound stupid.

When I'm good, I'm very, very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better.

65.3 is not "on the line", so odds are they won't bump it up based solely on you showing up for class. I'd ask if he'd be willing to help you do extra credit or something along those lines.

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Err, I've got no advice, but keep us posted on how this turns out. It's interesting.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

Ok, I'll let you know.

A state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

I graduated high school by charming my way into passing grades.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I like women who enjoy being dissatisfied sexually.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    he's not going to give a shit unless your parents died or something of that nature. honestly, college professors don't care if your dog got run over, your uncle vincent has ass cancer or your girlfriend had the football team run the train on her. really. all that matters is 1) your concern about the grade and 2) your effort and desire to remedy the situation.

and don't even mention your tutor, that just makes you sound stupid.
    That's not true at all. Anything health related always flies. If you say that a close family member (including a girlfriend) has been admitted to a hospital during the week of the exams and you can fake the doctors note to support it, you have a pretty good case to re-take that exam unless your exams office is ran by the Gestapo.
    All I can hear, I me mine
    I me mine, I me mine

You're going to fail out of college and not graduate either way.
    Waiting, as I saw you fading. Like everything in time, you withered and you died.

If was a professor, and one of my students waited until after the final exam to ask for help, I'd tell him too late, too bad. You really missed your chance. If your exam average was a 65, you couldn't have done too well on the very first exam. Obviously, you should've been in his office, asking for help right after that. If not then, then you had a second exam you didn't do too hot on. A second chance to ask for help.

But you waited til after the final? Not only waiting til after the final, but you're 4.7% away from a passing grade. You're not 0.3% away. You're not on the line. You failed the class, and I doubt your professor is going to help you out.

Your best hope is to just go to his office and say, hey, I know made a bad decision by waiting til now to ask for help, but I worked really hard in your class this semester. My test average says I'm failing, and I really need to pass the class. Is there any extra work I can do to bring my score up to a passing grade?

Leave it at that. See what he says. That's your best bet, but I still pretty much doubt your chances.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk