Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ever begged for a grade before?

Quote Originally Posted by Mota Boy View Post
    You're going to have trouble convincing the professor if you haven't been to see him at all thus so far in the semester, and if it's after the last exam, I have no idea how you feel you could get any sympathy. However, the best thing to do would just be to lay it out and say something like "I haven't had an easy time with the material and the first exam really caught me off guard, but I've been working hard all semester and I really want to get at least a C-. What do I need to do to help out my average?"
    That's exactly the same thing I said like 2 posts before.

My University depends on the degree program. When I was a biology major, my professors didn't give a shit and basically wanted you to fail or drop out. When I switched to German, my professors cared and did a lot to help me out. However, I was a good student, visited my professors every time I needed help throughout the semester, got to know them, and took responsibility for my actions. My professors knew I wouldn't just come to them, begging cause I was a lazy-ass all semester.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Teachers usually only give lee-way to students who get high grades. There isn't much you can do but swallow your pride and learn from your mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mota Boy View Post
    You're going to have trouble convincing the professor if you haven't been to see him at all thus so far in the semester, and if it's after the last exam, I have no idea how you feel you could get any sympathy. However, the best thing to do would just be to lay it out and say something like "I haven't had an easy time with the material and the first exam really caught me off guard, but I've been working hard all semester and I really want to get at least a C-. What do I need to do to help out my average?"
    "Caught me off guard" only works in press statements. He'll ask to elaborate... did you not not know the dates of the first test, did you not know what material was covered, did you not expect it to be this hard? Or why couldn't you make enough time to study the material, why didn't you approach the professor with any questions? He'll dismiss you as lazy and inattentive if you don't have a good reason why this material hasn't come easy to you. I repeat, the fact that you're a slower learner than other kids may warrant pity but NOT a higher grade. If you cannot understand math, you do not belong in programs or schools where math is required. Go study English or history in some community college or wherever Americans with no prospects go.

Your only chance is to convince him--and I'm not saying this is easy--that you are actually a good student, but you weren't able to demonstrate it to your fullest capacity due to such and such reasons (and the reasons have to be good).
    All I can hear, I me mine
    I me mine, I me mine

You can tell he's bad at math because you'd think he'd have an easier time convincing a teacher who gave him a good grade to up his grade just a little. Instead of focusing on just the most recent or worst grade.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Well math is just logic. If you're bad at math...
    All I can hear, I me mine
    I me mine, I me mine

I have had problems with math and physics 5 years ago. I used to take a lot of notes and learn late at night. Then I decided - why to disturb my life with math?? I quit and next year managed to get to another high school (much easier). It was right decision and I am quite happy now, but that´s not an advice. You can still try.
    Ladders and snakes. Ladders give, snakes take.