Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Could I be Administrator of this board?

Quote Originally Posted by iPunk247 View Post
    nope. imma shy shitty fucker thats all.

me thinks you're c00L t00. \m/ >_< \m/
    Yeah!!!!!!!!! So dance, fucker, dance
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Im not a trendy asshole,
    do what I want,
    do what I feel like!

If you want to be a mod, you have to send money to this paypal account:
    gamesrefuge@gmail.com

IT WORKS! IM A MOD!

----------------------------------------------------------

You'd better hope nobody's dumb enough to fall for that, or else it's wire fraud.

-MB
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    I already received like a hundred bucks! I wish. Anyway, if someone was dumb enough to fall for that they'd basically be bankrupt already by now from their stupidity and the millions of ways they can lose cash on the internet.
    -Bear
    Last edited by Bipolar Bear; 07-12-2008 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smash punker View Post
    Yeah!!!!!!!!! So dance, fucker, dance
    shit is fucked up

like ya gotta keep 'em separated

uno dos tress cuatro cinco cinco seis

dance fucker dance

lalalala yayayaya

iPunk's equals BANANAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mota Boy View Post
    I regret that no.
    that's cute, you're cute. *grins*

I wonder on what grounds people would like to be an admin, or mod. just for the power, because status is sexy, or because they think the place isn't runned well.

the Offspring message board is a friendly, well organised, fun place with plenty of freedom. anyone can add to that by contributing in his own way to topics, discussions & conversations, & respecting each other & forum rules. it's not very difficult. every member has a certain influence defined by his attitude, behavior & contributions on the forums. maybe to you it seems like the power is entirely in the hands of the admin & mods, like they're the only ones who can make a difference, but they're in the vast minority, only assigned to step in when things go badly.

so if you, in the position of a boardmember, want to contribute to keeping this board a fun, enjoyable place - which is basically also what the admin & moderators try to do - you have every opportunity to do so & it's entirely in your own hands. basically what I'm trying to say, is that in the position of a boardmember you're very important to this board & you can make a great difference, even if you can't call yourself admin or mod.
    Last edited by JoY; 07-12-2008 at 10:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Bryan_420 View Post
    TOUGH SHIT! YOU WANT TO BELIEVE,BUT CAN'T PROVE I'M A HOMO! BEIN' PURE DOESN'T PROVE I'M HOMOSEXUAL ASSHOLE!

Like JoY said, you have alot power as a board member. If everyone respects the rules and each other a board can be very nice. I was a admin on a smaller forum once, and the only thing you do is just act like a normal user, only when theres something that violates the rules you remove things or ban a user. If you do more then that (ban people you dont like, make up new rules etc. etc.) people will leave your forum.
    BANANEN!

I have a question for the moderators though, how did you guys become mods?

A while ago, everyone on the boards was allowed to nominate anybody the wanted to be mods. The people with the most nominations were included in the election for mods and voting ensued. The current mods are the ones who got the most votes. I believe there were some other mods who were runners up but got put in later due to a need for more mods?

Am I missing anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
    Like JoY said, you have alot power as a board member. If everyone respects the rules and each other a board can be very nice. I was a admin on a smaller forum once, and the only thing you do is just act like a normal user, only when theres something that violates the rules you remove things or ban a user. If you do more then that (ban people you dont like, make up new rules etc. etc.) people will leave your forum.
    Exactly. However, when you're administrating a larger forum along with other third parties, you'll find that more of your time goes into keeping the other admins in check than moderating the users. What with absolute power corrupting and all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

we should have another election. i nominate Bipolar Bear!

Quote Originally Posted by Enjoi View Post
    we should have another election. i nominate Bipolar Bear!
    Hell yeah! I have good ideas for administrating this forum!
    *imagines monkey moderators which are surfing offspring.com on banana laptops*

But who cares about ideas? Isn't the real point of this bribery? If you nominate me, I'll give 10$ to every forum member!*

*every member that gives me $20 will receive payment
    Last edited by Bipolar Bear; 07-13-2008 at 02:37 PM.