Drivers are rude
    Such attitudes
    But when I show my piece
    Complaints cease
    Something‘s odd
    I feel like I‘m God
    You stupid dumbshit goddam motherfucker

Quote Originally Posted by Selfesteem_ View Post
    Theres another thread on this with pics and reviews in it too. worth having a look, sorry didnt get the link.
    Doesnt seem like anyone has come accross the 24 page booklet yet, the aussie and europe versions only have 7 pages.
    WHAT? Fuck! I want a 24 page booklet, too
    And I already ordered Smash~~
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

Quote Originally Posted by dff_punk View Post
    Hahaha, one of the biggest tru punx wants his favorite record to sound more commercial! With clearer vocals This is great!

EDIT: Oh fuck, this is really messed up, seems like Smash punker didn't write it. Fuck the quotes!
    No I didn´t! I did the answer. I´m surprised you didn´t see that bro! And fuck da quotes!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I´m not a trendy asshole,
    do what I want,
    do what I feel like!

Went out and bought them both yesterday - haven't had a listen yet, but I'm sure it'll piss all over the crappy quality versions I had before

Default The Bass is awesome on Ignition

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I wonder what changes they're going to make...

I know the bass is too loud on Ignition, so I guess they'll change that. I've always thought some of the vocals could be more clear on Smash, like in Come Out and Play. It's gonna be interesting to hear what they change.
    I think the growling tone and volume of the bass on Ignition is part of what makes it such a classic album. Greg K. being pictured on the cd (from the photo in the booklet) only fuels my bias to the awesomeness of his sound.
    Anyone agree that the bass work on RAFRAG has shown some amazing growth musically?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBassK View Post
    Anyone agree that the bass work on RAFRAG has shown some amazing growth musically?
    Seems to be about the same skill level to me. To be honest, I don't think The Offspring have any interest in writing more technical songs. They've gotten more accurate over their career, but not more technical. I guess that's one factor in my "tru punx bitching" about RFRAG, even though I really like it anyway. I would have liked to see them write some fast, technical shit, sort of like A Wilhelm Scream.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

...just dwnloaded the smash remastered album....definitely not worth $10...its hardly different, it was worth a listen, but i really wouldnt advise buying it, the original was fine how it was!
    My Nothingtown Acoustic Cover:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE9JblnThVk

There's really no point in remastering Ignition. I am serious. Unless they use magic to separate Dexter's voice from the music. That's the main problem with Ignition - his vocals are too quiet. And there's really no efficient way to change that. All they did with Ignition was applying so called "loudness" so as to increase the overall volume, say, by 3 dB or something. They also added high frequencies, I'm not sure if they added some more bass, 'cause I guess it was perfectly fine the way it was. And there's actually NOTHING more anyone else can do. If I had his vocals in one track and the music in another, I would be able to make it sound perfect. I'm not sure how songs were recorded in the early 90s, but let's face it, we are all equally helpless now when it comes to remastering.
    Last edited by disclaimer_07; 06-22-2008 at 10:42 AM.
    And if this post offends you, just don't read it...

For collectors:
    Ignition and Smash will be released on colored vinyl on 10th of march (yesterday). Cool.