Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Underrated brews?

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    Carlsberg is pretty overrated, especially when Tuborg is so clearly the better one.
    oh of course ! How did I forget Tuborg ? My danish mentor made me drink that ! I thought it was good, but I didn't know a lot about beer at the time. I was just a rookie.

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

Nykøbing is all I need. And Tuborg of course.

Carlsberg tastes like chemical warfare.

Harp Lager, even though I've probably said that in this thread already.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

Oh, hello there. Huge beer snob here. I've got probably 10 posts tagged for reply, we'll see how many I actually get to!

Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    Rogue Dead Guy Ale is damn good. I also feel like not enough people give props to Modelo Especial. There's also a surprisingly good Nicaraguan beer called Victoria. Don't think you can get it in the States though. I'm also a fan of Spaten, but it's not exactly underrated.
    Holy fuck I would rather drink piss-water soaked in diarrhea than drink another Modelo Especial. That shit was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinoZombie View Post
    Milk Stout from Left Hand Brewery in Denver, CO
    Agreed. That beer changed my life.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyNemesis View Post
    I think as far as super cheap beer goes, Yuengling is the best.
    Fo' sho'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    I dunno dude, Yuengling is great but I think PBR wins my vote for best cheap beer.
    PBR might be cheaper, but Yuengling actually has some modicum of quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizardus View Post
    An underrated brew?
    The He Brew.
    That's actually a beer.
    Quote Originally Posted by IamSam View Post
    I hate Natty Ice.

Anyone had Rolling Rock? Is it worth it?
    Rolling Rock is one of the only "bad" beers that I really don't drink. It's too bad to be decent and not awful enough to be bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdope View Post
    Stella Artois. 'nuff said
    You forgot to say "tastes like ass and is completely overrated". :x
    Quote Originally Posted by JoY View Post
    Wieckse Witte?? or Hoegaarden?

Dutch dude who likes relatively somewhat stronger beers; I was into stronger beers aswell, before I was a student. obviously when you make long nights, drinking from 7 to 4, you don't drink Westmalle Triple all night. I swear, that would kill you. Westmalle Triple once only needed one afternoon, when I skipped breakfast, to kill me.

by the way, Guiness?? seriously??!
    Orval in the house. Actually, I'm not a huge triple fan, but I appreciate the craft of the brea.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    Cider is great, especially strongbow.

Sapporo is fantastic. And surprising cheap around here.
    That's my girlfriend's (oh snap fiance) cider of choice. I actually don't mind it despite generally not liking ciders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endymion View Post
    just to back up what megs said a year ago, dogfish head's 90 minute is probably my beer of choice when available. i'd love to try the 120 minute but it doesn't seem to be available on the west coast.
    Personally I much prefer the 60 minute. It's the least malty of the bunch. But that's just me, I love hoppy beers. Dogfishead is in Delaware so we get a lot of their stuff ehre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Coholic View Post
    Blue moon Grand Cru!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's 8.2% and smoother than.....anything that high. Hell, forget the qualifier. It's just smooth. Like, how can I make a broad comparison everyone here worth a damn will understand.

I know! Remember that one episode of futurama where Kiff goes to Mars to visit the Wongs and they're trying to set up Amy with that stereotypical Marlboro cowboy, and he hits the cigarette and he says "Smoooooth". It's smoother than that.

It's supposedly a limited thing, so buy it and try it and fuck it's great.
    Find yourself some Victory Golden Monkey. It's an 11% (I think?) belgian-style ale.
    DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES TRY THE DFH PALO SANTA. It may be high proof but it tastes like a woodchip soaked in ethyl alcohol.
    omg sigged fuck you

Quote Originally Posted by mrconeman View Post
    Carlsberg tastes like chemical warfare.

Harp Lager, even though I've probably said that in this thread already.
    I loved their slogan when I was in Poland, "Probably the best beer!" or something like that. The "probably" was great.
    omg sigged fuck you

OK, now for my actual response. Some underrated beers. Or maybe, "great beers you may have never heard of".

Sam Adam's Black Lager and Ale are both good and I don't see them around much. In general, as a largely ale drinker, the Sam Adam's Boston Lager is good (but that's not underrated!).

Great Divide (colorado) Titan IPA and Yeti Porter. These may not be underrated out there, but you don't see much of their stuff out East. The Titan IPA is solid and somewhat balanced. The Yeti is intense as shit. I've only had it one night on draft but my asshole friend decided we were getting a pitcher of it and we had to drink it in record time because his girlfriend was falling asleep. I'd like to enjoy it more slowly.

The Great Lakes Brewing Co. has a couple of very tasty entries that have popped up in this area lately. They're not really new, but I had never heard of them before. Their Commodore Perry (an IPA) is wonderful, and if you're more into lagers then give their Eliot Ness a shot.
    omg sigged fuck you

Quote Originally Posted by sKratch View Post
    That's my girlfriend's (oh snap fiance)
    Seriously though, can we have one post that isn't about your girlfriend for once?

I loved their slogan when I was in Poland, "Probably the best beer!" or something like that. The "probably" was great.
    Probably the best beer in town. I always liked that slogan, very humble, very Danish.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

I had the Victory beer that tastes like bacon the other day. Like, it tastes like bacon on purpose. Can't remember the name. It was good, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    Wait, now you're trying to tell us the clitoris exists?

OK, now for my actual response. Some underrated beers. Or maybe, "great beers you may have never heard of".

Sam Adam's Black Lager and Ale are both good and I don't see them around much. In general, as a largely ale drinker, the Sam Adam's Boston Lager is good (but that's not underrated!).
    Sam Black is awesome. If you're into black beers, I recently tried a Xangu. Pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    If I had the power, I would finally grant your wish to be polls moderator. With no voting rights. Like the Washington DC of modship.
    Quote Originally Posted by nancyoff
    do you have boobs??? because in your picture it looks like you have. are you a boy or a girl?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyNemesis View Post
    I had the Victory beer that tastes like bacon the other day. Like, it tastes like bacon on purpose. Can't remember the name. It was good, though.
    I had a Harpoon Rauchfesten or something like that which tasted like a smokey fireplace. I had it on a somewhat hungry stomach with no food and I didn't enjoy it. I'd imagine it would be great with a burger...
    omg sigged fuck you