Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Underrated brews?

Not where I'm from... nobody ever talks about it there.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Pilsner is very popular here in Slovakia too. There are several pubs in several cities called "Pilsner Pub" or "Pilsner Garden"... it is one of those not-so-cheapest-but-not-so-expensive beers which people really tend enjoy sip after sip and not just drink bottoms up and order another one.
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

I don't think it's underrated but I drink Carlsberg, because of Copenhagen Uni. I didn't drink beer before...Not that I am complaining...

Oh and I like Affligem sometime

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

Quote Originally Posted by dff_punk View Post
    Pilsner is very popular here in Slovakia too. There are several pubs in several cities called "Pilsner Pub" or "Pilsner Garden"... it is one of those not-so-cheapest-but-not-so-expensive beers which people really tend enjoy sip after sip and not just drink bottoms up and order another one.
    It is really good And you're right, in this region, it's right in that mid-price range. I think part of why I never ordered it back home was because it only came in a bottle, and was wayyyyy too expensive. Plus I don't know anyone who drinks it there. But it's definitely my favorite of common Czech beers.

But Spotted Cow is still better.
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyquiiinn View Post
    I don't think it's underrated but I drink Carlsberg, because of Copenhagen Uni. I didn't drink beer before...Not that I am complaining...

Oh and I like Affligem sometime
    Carlsberg is pretty overrated, especially when Tuborg is so clearly the better one.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    Carlsberg is pretty overrated, especially when Tuborg is so clearly the better one.
    oh of course ! How did I forget Tuborg ? My danish mentor made me drink that ! I thought it was good, but I didn't know a lot about beer at the time. I was just a rookie.

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

Nyk°bing is all I need. And Tuborg of course.

Carlsberg tastes like chemical warfare.

Harp Lager, even though I've probably said that in this thread already.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

Oh, hello there. Huge beer snob here. I've got probably 10 posts tagged for reply, we'll see how many I actually get to!

Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    Rogue Dead Guy Ale is damn good. I also feel like not enough people give props to Modelo Especial. There's also a surprisingly good Nicaraguan beer called Victoria. Don't think you can get it in the States though. I'm also a fan of Spaten, but it's not exactly underrated.
    Holy fuck I would rather drink piss-water soaked in diarrhea than drink another Modelo Especial. That shit was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinoZombie View Post
    Milk Stout from Left Hand Brewery in Denver, CO
    Agreed. That beer changed my life.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyNemesis View Post
    I think as far as super cheap beer goes, Yuengling is the best.
    Fo' sho'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    I dunno dude, Yuengling is great but I think PBR wins my vote for best cheap beer.
    PBR might be cheaper, but Yuengling actually has some modicum of quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizardus View Post
    An underrated brew?
    The He Brew.
    That's actually a beer.
    Quote Originally Posted by IamSam View Post
    I hate Natty Ice.

Anyone had Rolling Rock? Is it worth it?
    Rolling Rock is one of the only "bad" beers that I really don't drink. It's too bad to be decent and not awful enough to be bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdope View Post
    Stella Artois. 'nuff said
    You forgot to say "tastes like ass and is completely overrated". :x
    Quote Originally Posted by JoY View Post
    Wieckse Witte?? or Hoegaarden?

Dutch dude who likes relatively somewhat stronger beers; I was into stronger beers aswell, before I was a student. obviously when you make long nights, drinking from 7 to 4, you don't drink Westmalle Triple all night. I swear, that would kill you. Westmalle Triple once only needed one afternoon, when I skipped breakfast, to kill me.

by the way, Guiness?? seriously??!
    Orval in the house. Actually, I'm not a huge triple fan, but I appreciate the craft of the brea.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    Cider is great, especially strongbow.

Sapporo is fantastic. And surprising cheap around here.
    That's my girlfriend's (oh snap fiance) cider of choice. I actually don't mind it despite generally not liking ciders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endymion View Post
    just to back up what megs said a year ago, dogfish head's 90 minute is probably my beer of choice when available. i'd love to try the 120 minute but it doesn't seem to be available on the west coast.
    Personally I much prefer the 60 minute. It's the least malty of the bunch. But that's just me, I love hoppy beers. Dogfishead is in Delaware so we get a lot of their stuff ehre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Coholic View Post
    Blue moon Grand Cru!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's 8.2% and smoother than.....anything that high. Hell, forget the qualifier. It's just smooth. Like, how can I make a broad comparison everyone here worth a damn will understand.

I know! Remember that one episode of futurama where Kiff goes to Mars to visit the Wongs and they're trying to set up Amy with that stereotypical Marlboro cowboy, and he hits the cigarette and he says "Smoooooth". It's smoother than that.

It's supposedly a limited thing, so buy it and try it and fuck it's great.
    Find yourself some Victory Golden Monkey. It's an 11% (I think?) belgian-style ale.
    DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES TRY THE DFH PALO SANTA. It may be high proof but it tastes like a woodchip soaked in ethyl alcohol.
    omg sigged fuck you

Quote Originally Posted by mrconeman View Post
    Carlsberg tastes like chemical warfare.

Harp Lager, even though I've probably said that in this thread already.
    I loved their slogan when I was in Poland, "Probably the best beer!" or something like that. The "probably" was great.
    omg sigged fuck you