Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Underrated brews?

Quote Originally Posted by Drafan View Post
    I like especially 12% - Premium. I can take some with me to festival, but I´m afraid I could drink them in the train. It´s one of the last brewery not using new brewing methods, which should fasten the production, but destroys the taste.
    Sounds promising. Bring about 20 then so you can drink some on the way and there will still be some left.

Quote Originally Posted by Splinter[PI] View Post
    Heineken smells like how I'd imagine dog piss.

but has anyone of you ever tried Swiss beer like Eichhof, Feldschlösschen or Cardinal?

And does anyone know the german beer EKU? That's very good.
    I've had a lot of Swiss beer but I can't remember what it was cause they all had weird and long names and came in interesting bottles.

I think in general that Guinness is a very good beer. or stout. or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

I love Guinness! A bit expensive, but has a very rich taste. Truly one of the best beers around.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    I really lol'd at "gravy".
    i was quite drunk, and i wasn't defying gravity too well. steel reserve beat me that night.
    Quote Originally Posted by ninthz View Post
    Good thread.

Guinness is not beer.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

Quote Originally Posted by mrconeman View Post
    Guinness is not beer.
    Nope. Guinness is... well... Guinness. Stout with extra gorgeousness.

I rememeber about 7 years back, I was at a friends party and there was a crate of some German lager none of us had heard of before - Wendelbrau. It proudly labelled itself as "Germany Beer Deluxe", and it was fucking lovely.

I've been looking ever since then, and have only found one place in the UK that sells it - some warehouse in Devon. One day I'll order a load and have a wonderful night.

I say fuck beer and smoke a blunt.

Awesome! After my cross-country U.S.A. road trip I feel like I can truly take part in this thread. Cause I totally drank all of those beers that you guys mentioned. My insight into American culture has grown immensely.

You know how Canadians always go on and on about how American beer is shitty and tastes like water, blah blah? Or maybe you have to be Canadian to know this... anyway, they say that all the time.

My conclusion is that beer in America is not necessarily shitty, it's just that Americans drink a lot of shitty beer - by choice I guess. I drank a number of decent to good brews while in the U.S., and I'm certain there were tons more I didn't get around to trying, but the standard beers that Americans drink a ton of were indeed much worse than the generic Canadian beers that Canadians drink a ton of (Molson Canadian, Labatt's Blue, etc.). Also, at least on the West Coast, people drink a lot more microbrew beer, and not so much the generic stuff anyway.

In Vegas I drank one of those jumbo cans of Heineken. They sell that here too; I just never drink it. I didn't particularly love it, but I think that's cause I was really full from dinner and was just trying to down it quickly on the street. So that's never a good combo with a gigantic can of carbonated beer. I think I'd have to drink it more often for the bitterness to grow on me.

I also had Killian's Red. It was pretty good, and it seemed like one of the best options available when at a bar that doesn't have much selection.

I ordered Blue Moon (wheat ale?) at a restaurant in Nashville. I had to do it since you guys are always going ON AND ON AND ON about it and I remember liking it but not loving it in NYC. And it was good. Still didn't knock my socks off, but I would drink it surely when I was in the mood for a light beer. I put the orange slice right in it and that gave it some pretty intense orangey flavour, so I'm not sure if that was a good idea.

Also had Sam Adams (Seasonal?) and Yazoo (something darker - forget which one) in Nashville. This waitress we had recommended the Sam Adams and it was good. It's funny cause you could hear her recommending the same beer to every single table around us. I really enjoyed the Yazoo that I had though cause I've gotten quite into dark beer.

We went to a bunch of Nashville bars with limited beer selection and decided to try some true shitty American beer. It's funny, my friend asked the bartender to recommend something and he's like "I can recommend Bud." Oh really!? Bud eh? Never woulda crossed my mind to order that one. Anyway, had Yuengling and it was alright. Had Pabst Blue Ribbon and it was pretty awful. Actually, I didn't mind it THAT much cause I'm an alcoholic and can drink anything, but my friends could barely finish it.

Drank a lot of Bud (not Bud Light, which Americans also seem to drink a ton of). I still like Bud.

Oh yeah, I also had to try Miller Chill after seeing it on a commercial and thinking that it was right up my alley. And I really liked it! My friends didn't though.

This post makes me sound like an alcoholic, and it's funny cause I actually didn't even drink that much on the trip, and when I did drink more heavily a few of the nights, it wasn't even beer; it was wine, whiskey (J.D.!), and rum.

I'll admit, I'm 14, and I'm one of the few who do drink beer (only with parental permission) and i drink: cascade premium light, and VB middies, both low alcohol and not that bad, but only in Australia folks

Stella Artois. 'nuff said
    Last edited by Superdope; 05-20-2008 at 02:48 AM.
    Don´t take life too seriously... you’ll never escape it alive anyway