Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KROQ Weenie Roast Setlist

he wasnt on summersonic either, even with sampled choir parts on the choruses of the new songs, they fucking need it on alot of songs aswell. bring higgins back...please
    The Offspring's Video Vault

Quote Originally Posted by Camilamazed View Post
    People keep saying they might change the setlist when they start their own tour. Do you believe those songs of yesterday will be out of the setlist?
    No, because those are the hits. They'll always play'm and it's pretty cool too when you're there because everyone sings along + I'd be pretty pissed if they didn't play TKAA or Self Esteem.
    But what most people, or I at least, mean is that on their own tour they play longer. So they usually have around 22 songs instead of 13. So on their own tour we probably get: standard hits + 5-6 songs from the new record + known none hit songs such as bad habit, have you ever + 1 or 2 songs that they change between concerts. Like how it's always been since Smash .

Higgins wasn't on the European greatest hits tour either IIRC. His last tour was warped 05.

oh yeah thats true, wonder what happend to him

Camilamazed Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    No, because those are the hits. They'll always play'm and it's pretty cool too when you're there because everyone sings along + I'd be pretty pissed if they didn't play TKAA or Self Esteem.
    But what most people, or I at least, mean is that on their own tour they play longer. So they usually have around 22 songs instead of 13. So on their own tour we probably get: standard hits + 5-6 songs from the new record + known none hit songs such as bad habit, have you ever + 1 or 2 songs that they change between concerts. Like how it's always been since Smash .

Higgins wasn't on the European greatest hits tour either IIRC. His last tour was warped 05.
    I know they're the hits. PJ has a lot of hist too but their fans never know what the set list will be. TKAA, SE, COAP and Gotta get away are the songs that can't be out. But WDYGJ, Want you bad (is this the inly song in CO1?), All I want, Pretty fly.. we would not miss those if they played other stuff.. I wouldn't miss All I want like yesterday. I prefer not to listen to it.

Would you?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinoZombie View Post
    oh yeah thats true, wonder what happend to him
    Don't know, cause he recorded back up vocals for RAFRAG, cause he was on the studio webcam doing vocals at one time. Maybe he got another fulltime job or so.

All I Want is one of their trademark songs, like TKAA or Self Esteem. They definitely cannot leave that one out.

ok, didnt notice that, yeah maybe he "matured" haha
    I really hope they'll mix up the setlist on the World Tour, and is there only one song of splinter aswell?

And did you notice the pre recorded chorus parts on Kroq? i wonder why they dont use them on TKAA and some other songs that sounds weak as shit in the choruses without higgins. another "evidence" that they use Sample choruses is that 1: Pete counts many songs in(that never has been done before, atleast not many of the songs that their counting in now) 2: There are 2 vocal tracks while dexter sung the part after the bridge of hammerhad while Greg&Noodles was away from the mic.

Nothing wrong with it, but im just wondering why they dont use it on all songs that need it.

I know they're the hits. PJ has a lot of hist too but their fans never know what the set list will be. TKAA, SE, COAP and Gotta get away are the songs that can't be out. But WDYGJ, Want you bad (is this the inly song in CO1?), All I want, Pretty fly.. we would not miss those if they played other stuff.. I wouldn't miss All I want like yesterday. I prefer not to listen to it.

Would you?
    All I Want (definitely don't drop it if they play it at the beginning of the set 2nd or 3rd song. It's one of their trademark songs. I don't want to hear it in the middle of a set though)
    Pretty Fly (I wouldn't mind, but I can't really seem them dropping that one, I checked the metallica board and they were happy when that came on, finally a good song they said...)
    Why don't you get a job/Want you bad (I wouldn't mind if those were dropped, WDYGJ was dropped at kroq btw., it's a nice song to sing a long too and want you bad is pretty good live, but I wouldn't mind if they were dropped).

Gone Away does need to be dropped though.

As long as they don't put hit that or OP back on the setlist . They just have such a huge back catalogue compared to the time they play. But yeah keeping stuff like TKAA SE etc. while rotating some of the other hits would be better.

Camilamazed Guest

All I Want (definitely don't drop it if they play it at the beginning of the set 2nd or 3rd song. It's one of their trademark songs. I don't want to hear it in the middle of a set though)
    I know it is. But I still think we need to see some energy, otherwise leave it alone. All I want is the song that drives the audience wild. So it demands a lot of stage energy. Either you keep it and make the most of it, or drop it. But please, don't sing it as if you were singing she's got issues...

Pretty Fly (I wouldn't mind, but I can't really seem them dropping that one, I checked the metallica board and they were happy when that came on, finally a good song they said...)
    That's interesting haha. But either way I wouldn't miss it.

Gone Away does need to be dropped though.
    If I had to choose All I want and Gone away, I would prefer GA because Dexter sang the song beautifully and way better than AIW.

As long as they don't put hit that or OP back on the setlist . They just have such a huge back catalogue compared to the time they play. But yeah keeping stuff like TKAA SE etc. while rotating some of the other hits would be better.
    *two thumbs up*

If I had to choose All I want and Gone away, I would prefer GA because Dexter sang the song beautifully and way better than AIW.
    Yeah but gone away takes up 4 whole precious minutes of the setlist . Don't know if you have seen'm live. But when you are actually at the concert he sings'm all pretty much spot on, in a voice that could come from 15 year old, you don't really hear the imperfections that you hear on tape. It's pretty much amazing actually.