Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You're Gonna Go Far, Kid lyrics meaning?

Default You're Gonna Go Far, Kid lyrics meaning?

This is just my theory, but I think it's about someone who is an assassin possibly? And he gets fucked over by someone on the inside. Some of the lyrics that lead me to believe this are,

With a thousand lies, and a good disguise
    This leads me to the conclusion because it makes me picture someone who is there just blending in and has an elaborate cover up because he's getting ready to pull off some big job.

Now dance, fucker, dance
    I never had a chance
    They never even knew
    It was really only you

This makes me think of the kid talking to his "boss" saying he took his life from him and brought him into the business and now he's exacting his revenge by shooting at him; hence the "dance, fucker, dance...I never had a chance" The "they never even knew it was really only you" makes me think of how no one would expect someone on the inside to be doing this to a kid.

There are also some parts about "someone is in your way, time to take him out, nice work you did, you're gonna go far, kid" That once again reminds me of the boss trying to reassure the kid he's doing good and would never expect to get fucked over.

I'm sure there's more, but I've only listened to the song about 15 times tonight since I got it about an hour ago. So, I'm sure my theories can be very vague and way off.

I apologize for the poor punctuation when describing the lyrics, but I didn't wanna take up more space by skipping a line each time. I'm just so fucking excited for this album, I've been waiting 1/4th of my life for this to come out. About 4 1/4 years, and I'm 18 so the math works :P But yeah I'm so excited and just wanna talk about this. So let me know what you think about my theories, or present your own!

ill wait until the correct lyrics comes out
    The Offspring's Video Vault

I think the lyrics are pretty accurate already and its fun to speculate

Camilamazed Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RobinoZombie View Post
    ill wait until the correct lyrics comes out
    My thoughts exactly.

"There are no fools more bothersome than those with wit"

I effin love this song
    I don't know what the meaning of it is, exactly..
    But, it reminds me alot of my ex, Nick, who was a jerk..
    He lies about everything, to keep himself out of shit..
    He pretended to be one of his "Best friends" on MSN, to cover his ass, so the friend would have to deal with his shit after he got what he wanted from what he was doing..
    He cheated on me && used me, for sex.. && told everyone I used him && was cheating on him, the entire time..
    He tried to get into my pants after I had already given him a second change to proove he'd change, which he didn't take..
    He took one of his "Best friends" little sister's virginity, then refused to have a relationship, with her..
    && I guess this song, sorta makes me think of him, in a sarcastic way with, "You're gonna go far, kid"
    So, yeps.. <333

Yes, the song is obviously about Ninjas.

dexter said in two interviews what about is the song:

http://www.pagina12.com.ar/diario/su...008-10-23.html

http://www.clarin.com/suplementos/si...3-01692762.htm

and btw, gravedigging.

Last edited by sbazzone; 11-25-2008 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Mander View Post
    I effin love this song
    I don't know what the meaning of it is, exactly..
    But, it reminds me alot of my ex, Nick, who was a jerk..
    He lies about everything, to keep himself out of shit..
    He pretended to be one of his "Best friends" on MSN, to cover his ass, so the friend would have to deal with his shit after he got what he wanted from what he was doing..
    He cheated on me && used me, for sex.. && told everyone I used him && was cheating on him, the entire time..
    He tried to get into my pants after I had already given him a second change to proove he'd change, which he didn't take..
    He took one of his "Best friends" little sister's virginity, then refused to have a relationship, with her..
    && I guess this song, sorta makes me think of him, in a sarcastic way with, "You're gonna go far, kid"
    So, yeps.. <333

wow i love this story.
    CLASSIC HARDCORE SKATEPUNK; www.soundcloud.com/KILLAMEDIC

I think it's generally the same content as Original Prankster: Someone does wrong and gets away with it. I do think that artists intend to repeat certain topics in more than one song to deal with it.
    Do you think you‘d sell your soul
    To just have one thing to turn out right?