Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Americana

55 40.44%
  • Smash

81 59.56%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Americana Or Smash?

difficult choice but i decided on smash due to the songs. i have never found myself skipping tracks on smash but you have the obvious few on americana. id like to hear smash played with the same production in terms of sound on americana!
    whenever i learn something new it pushes some old knowledge out of my brain, remember that home wine making course when i forgot how to drive?!

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    I've heard estimates that put Smash as high as 15-6 million sold.

I think that Americana may have sold more in the US, but world wide i'm quite sure that Smash has it beat.
    Exactly what I heard. Worldwide sales for Smash is up around 16mil, where as Americana has 12-13million.

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    difficult choice but i decided on smash due to the songs. i have never found myself skipping tracks on smash but you have the obvious few on americana. id like to hear smash played with the same production in terms of sound on americana!
    i also voted for smash and agree with everything u've just said

i didnt vote... i can't choose 1 it's very difficult

smash ofcourse
    i met offspring with smash album.

i dont even agree with this thread there both fuckin kick ass albums that make the best band we know today

I personally prefer Smash. Probably because I got it when it first came out and listened to it a lot in the car while commuting to and from work. "Bad Habit" is a great song to listen to while sitting in stop-and-go traffic on the Capital Beltway around D.C... I was able to listen to the whole CD twice through during that commute... And since I was broke most of the time, I didn't have many other CDs to listen to.

Americana is also good, but by the time that album came out, I was in Los Angeles and did not have the same kind of traffic jams to sit around in while listening. So, I've probably not heard Americana as many times, and it doesn't evoke the same kinds of memories from me as Smash does.

Wink Prefiero a SMASH

Oh my god I think Smash is better than American, I like both and I enjoy a lot escuhandolos but Smash is more fun, more rebellious.
    Maybe I hang you, but it is very American pop, punk ademáscreo that is good for all genres, but to me personally I like to hear the guitar riffs as possible.
    I love the band that much to me nothing is wrong.