Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mailing list?

Default Mailing list?

Anybody else still having problems with the mailing list? I've tried to sign up multiple times with different e-mail addresses since the update on the main site with no luck. I just never get a confirmation that I did anything at all. It doesn't even show up in the junk mail folders. Anyone else having this issue?

hi, i was think like you, but today i recived "news" (are old news! date of new album, video contest, etc)
    you need be patience man!
    Take this life that others may live...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ................... http://www.the-offspring.com.ar

is your email set to immediatley delete junk? that could be a problem.

Nah, my email is set to send junk mail to a folder.

Unhappy dont work for me

i have tryed about twenty times over the past year still cant get signed up to mailing list just did it again today it looked like it finally had done it, it sai i should have a confirmation email but didnt get anything. its probably just me and my bad luck ill sit just sit in corner for a lil bit and mourn over the loss of my mailing list email

screw the official mailing list, anyone else here remember the old school mailing list? the one with the dutch address or whatever it was? good times. i remember when whitebandit ripped pretty fly off of its world premiere on KROQ and ripped it in .wav format for everyone to hear....

What makes you guys think that it's not working?

If you're on the list already, you can't sign up again. If you're already on and try to sign up again, you will not get a confirm because you are not a new sign-up. Also, some mailing list messages are targeted at specific countries, states, zip codes, etc... Not all mailings go to the entire list (actually, few do).

The mailing list was not new with the site refresh - we've had it on there for years. We get hundreds of signups per week, suggesting that things are working properly.

Until recently, not many messages have been posted to the mailing list. The other thing to keep in mind - it's not uncommon for ISPs and mail providers to block or delay bulk mail like this - it's just part of the gig when it comes to this stuff. I had a half day of back and forth with Yahoo to convince them this stuff was legit and don't even get me started on AOL... One thing you should consider is subscribing to the RSS feed for the news - that's always up to date and doesn't have the spam issues.

I hope that sheds some light.

Also keep in mind that if you signed up to download the Hammerhead song, you're on the mailing list automatically.

If you don't get it but should be getting it, you should definitely alter your spam blocker or just add "do_not_reply at offspring dot com" (the email address where the mailing list comes from) into your address book. I know Yahoo used to deliver some msg's to my spam folder before I just added those into my address book and thus claimed them "secure" in the spam filter's eyes. :]
    and no wonder hearts and minds have been won

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Ahh, sweet. Okay. That makes me feel better. Crossing my fingers for news for NYC sometime soon. Thanks!

A few of us were just worried that there would be ticket presales and things like that and missing out on the codes, etc.
    No problem at all.

The band does use the mailing list for some cool announcements (such as the Amazon.com MP3 availability of the new record earlier this week) so it's good to sign up for those that haven't already.