Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cliche opinion that I can't stand

Default Cliche opinion that I can't stand

Aside from their first record, which has more of an 80's punk sound, all the other Offspring albums can pretty accurately be described as Skate Punk albums. Now unless those 30 second previews were extremely misleading, which I doubt, this will be the first Offspring album in a while that can't even be considered a Skate Punk album. It's not completely absent from the entire album, but it's certainly taking a back seat to other sounds like never before.

My problem is that I don't see what the hell is wrong with the fact that I'm a little disappointed with this. I'm not disappointed in the guys in the band, nor am I demanding that they make the record that I had in mind. I'm simply stating that personally, I'd prefer it if they stuck with the sound that made them famous, at least for the most part. What the fuck does that have to do with being "tru punx" or being closed-minded? It really bothers me when people say that...I don't think it makes any sense, and I don't think those people know what they're talking about.
    Last edited by bighead384; 06-06-2008 at 02:58 PM.

Camilamazed Guest

Again?

I bet if they kept the same music style people would complain that they don't have imagination to try some different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Camilamazed View Post
    Again?

I bet if they kept the same music style people would complain that they don't have imagination to try some different things.
    You think The Offspring are in danger of being considered a band that doesn't try new things?

I would have to say that this album definately sounds like they are returning to their roots, while throwing in some new surprises. Sounds like they looked
    back on their previous albums, and reviewed what really clicked with the fans.
    So they came out and made another kick ass album

The majority of their songs (judging from the 30 second clips) have the traditional Offspring sound. Half-Truism, Trust In You, You're Gonna Go Far Kid (sounds like something that (could have been on Americana), Hammerhead, Takes Me Nowhere sounds like it could have been on Splinter, with a hint of Ignition. Reminds me of Kick Him When He's Down). Nothingtown has a hint of Ixnay. Just to name a few I guess.

Camilamazed Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    You think The Offspring are in danger of being considered a band that doesn't try new things?
    No, I don't. I'm trying to say that fans are never happy. Bands will never please their fans 100%. I mean, except U2 fans.

Quote Originally Posted by mat.kc. View Post
    The majority of their songs (judging from the 30 second clips) have the traditional Offspring sound. Half-Truism, Trust In You, You're Gonna Go Far Kid (sounds like something that (could have been on Americana), Hammerhead, Takes Me Nowhere sounds like it could have been on Splinter, with a hint of Ignition. Reminds me of Kick Him When He's Down). Nothingtown has a hint of Ixnay. Just to name a few I guess.
    I know there are a few exceptions, but this time, the overwhelming majority of the songs sound like mid-tempo rock songs. Also, I really don't agree with most of your comparisons at all.
    Last edited by bighead384; 06-06-2008 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    this will be the first Offspring album in a while that can't even be considered a Skate Punk album.
    Yeah, except for the album that came out right before it...

Quote Originally Posted by nieh View Post
    Yeah, except for the album that came out right before it...
    and the album before that....
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

ZZzzzzZZZzzzzzzZZzz.......

Bitching bitching bitching, constantly someone is bitching about something, stop bitching, just ENJOY!
    Ladders and snakes. Ladders give, snakes take.