Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cliche opinion that I can't stand

Quote Originally Posted by Hypodermic_89 View Post
    I'm actually thinking about boycotting this entire forum because of all the dumbass complainers. Seriously, what are you trying to accomplish?

Yes, you all have the freedom of speech and the freedom of expression, but that doesn't mean you HAVE to fucking do it! Sometimes it's better to just shut up. By complaining, you're bringing down the entire vibe of the new album-sensation. We haven't had a new album from our favorite band THE OFFSPRING since December 2003, and now, when it's finally just around the corner, you people have to come up with some SHIT to say.

Do you really hate the album 100%, or are you just focusing on the bad things? There MUST be something you like, so why can't you just talk about that? We've anticipated this album for a LONG time now, and we can all come together, as true Offspring fans, and enjoy this fantastic occasion. A new album. But not for you complainers. You just have to bring down the vibe. You always have to complain about something. If the songs were 100% perfect, you'd complain about the lyrics booklet. If the music and booklet were 100% perfect, you'd complain about the album cover. If the music, booklet and album cover were 100% perfect, you'd complain about the songtitles. If EVERYTHING was 100% perfect, you'd complain about the time it took for the album to come out. You're never happy. Never.
    Agreed. It is silly to judge the album anyways. And I'm not just saying that about negative remarks. Saying the album is their best ever without actually hearing the full album is just as stupid as saying that the album is a dud. It's ridiculous that after almost five years of barely any new Offspring music, we get threads like these.

I must admit though, it is also annoying when people that don't automatically accept a different sound for a band are blasted for not having an open mind. Who knows, they may grow to like it just as much as other Offspring records.

Either way, let's just wait for the album. Praise and critique can be shared afterwards. For now, it's RAFRAG, and that's it.

Hahah, alright guys, go ahead and give yourself that pat on the back. You know you have negative things to say about music sometimes too, but go ahead, be the big guy of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ristifer View Post
    Agreed. It is silly to judge the album anyways. And I'm not just saying that about negative remarks. Saying the album is their best ever without actually hearing the full album is just as stupid as saying that the album is a dud.
    I completely understand what you mean, but considering the fact that I liked a 30 second preview, I think the odds are very unlikely that most of it will turn around after hearing the full album.

What I'm trying to say is: It's easier to hate than to love. It's easier to complain than to praise.
    My YouTube channel
    http://www.youtube.com/Youthenergy
    Check out some of my artwork Here.

Quote Originally Posted by Camilamazed View Post
    Again?

I bet if they kept the same music style people would complain that they don't have imagination to try some different things.

you got my words

Quote Originally Posted by Free? View Post
    Offspring playing for Free? That would be awesome!
    The Portuguese Chapter:
    Site/Forum/Wiki: www.offspringportugal.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hypodermic_89 View Post
    I completely understand what you mean, but considering the fact that I liked a 30 second preview, I think the odds are very unlikely that most of it will turn around after hearing the full album.

What I'm trying to say is: It's easier to hate than to love. It's easier to complain than to praise.
    and you got my words too

Quote Originally Posted by Free? View Post
    Offspring playing for Free? That would be awesome!
    The Portuguese Chapter:
    Site/Forum/Wiki: www.offspringportugal.com

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    Hahah, alright guys, go ahead and give yourself that pat on the back. You know you have negative things to say about music sometimes too, but go ahead, be the big guy of the situation.
    I do. To be completely honest I think that Ignition is a pretty boring album. But what it boils down to is this:

A formulation of opinion on the new album shouldn't be made until people hear it in its entirety. Formulating an opinion off of thirty seconds of shoddy audio is like forming an opinion off of a 2 minute clip of a bootleg movie that was shot be video camera in the theater.
    "There are no fools more bothersome than those with wit"

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B001...pf_rd_i=301128

Btw,here are some reviewers who claim that RAFRAG is really good,rocks and goes kinda back to the roots,while the songs are all very catchy.I donīt know where they have heared the songs,but the reviews are very positive
    Iīm too lazy for translating it all now,this are only the basic statements.

We are looking forward, Count Orlok

Quote Originally Posted by IamSam View Post
    I do. To be completely honest I think that Ignition is a pretty boring album. But what it boils down to is this:

A formulation of opinion on the new album shouldn't be made until people hear it in its entirety. Formulating an opinion off of thirty seconds of shoddy audio is like forming an opinion off of a 2 minute clip of a bootleg movie that was shot be video camera in the theater.
    I disagree. You can easily get the gist of a song with a 30 second clip. I'm not acting like I know everything about each individual song, I'm just stating what most of them are not. And most of them are not punk, or at least not the style of punk Offspring has played for their whole career.

Quote Originally Posted by nieh View Post
    Yeah, except for the album that came out right before it...
    Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    and the album before that....
    Splinter is pushing it,(I wasn't too thrilled with that either), but Conspiracy of One was a Skate Punk album, especially if you count Huck It.