Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Cliche opinion that I can't stand

Quote Originally Posted by Count Orlok View Post
    http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B001...pf_rd_i=301128

Btw,here are some reviewers who claim that RAFRAG is really good,rocks and goes kinda back to the roots,while the songs are all very catchy.I donīt know where they have heared the songs,but the reviews are very positive
    Iīm too lazy for translating it all now,this are only the basic statements.
    Cool I'll translate some as best as I can.

"The Offspring fan sacked the first hour the good boys with every album more and more. [This first sentence really just makes no sense to me, so apologies for the lack of translation.] Since "Americana", I had abandoned them. The children's music that followed served only as minorities to hyperactive jumping all around. Now I thought of a mood out of "Guck dir doch mal an was sie jetzt so treiben". I am surprised.

Finally they have apparently returned to their roots. The songs sound more adult than the fair moods of the last years. "Trust in You" reflects of the good old "Smash". A breath of 3 Doors Down in the beginning of "Hammerhead" and Green Day in "Fix You". Good singalongs, crisp riffs, tidy/serious rock and speed and Dexter sings ??? and then a type of ballad.

Rise and Fall Rage and Grace is for longtime fans finally this time a ray of hope. So what I've learned from this: never give up!"

"The Offspring are after a waiting time of over 5 years finally back and bringing an album out which revives the old times of the strong cool rock music from before. The new songs are very catchy and simply blow all others from the last years away. Offspring have clearly again increased and handed over an album which will take over 2008. Super. Buy it! If a rock album is worth your money this year, it's this one."
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    Splinter is pushing it,(I wasn't too thrilled with that either), but Conspiracy of One was a Skate Punk album, especially if you count Huck It.
    Not really, Living in Chaos, Special Delivery, Original Prankster, Want You Bad, Denial Revisited, Vultures. None of which I would consider to be "Skate Punk" and that’s about half the album.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    Not really, Living in Chaos, Special Delivery, Original Prankster, Want You Bad, Denial Revisited, Vultures. None of which I would consider to be "Skate Punk" and that’s about half the album.
    Nope. Want You Bad is pop-punk so lets be honest, it's right in the same ball park. As for the others: just because a few songs are different doesn't mean it's not skate punk overall. Fuck, even Pennywise has a few "different" songs on their albums.
    Last edited by bighead384; 06-08-2008 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    Nope. Want You Bad is pop-punk so lets be honest, it's right in the same ball park. As for the others: just because a few songs are different doesn't mean it's not skate punk overall. Fuck, even Pennywise has a few "different" songs on their albums.
    When it's almost half of the album, it's more then a "few songs".

And if you want to split hairs, based on what people have written about the previews, the only tracks that don't really fall into the "pop/melodic/skate punk" category are Fix You, A Lot Like Me, and Kristy, so doesn't that make your original point void?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

And if you want to split hairs, based on what people have written about the previews, the only tracks that don't really fall into the "pop/melodic/skate punk" category are Fix You, A Lot Like Me, and Kristy, so doesn't that make your original point void?
    BURN. 10 characters
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Skate punk is a term no real musician would ever apply to his music I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    Cool I'll translate some as best as I can.

"The Offspring fan sacked the first hour the good boys with every album more and more. [This first sentence really just makes no sense to me, so apologies for the lack of translation.] Since "Americana", I had abandoned them. The children's music that followed served only as minorities to hyperactive jumping all around. Now I thought of a mood out of "Guck dir doch mal an was sie jetzt so treiben". I am surprised.

Finally they have apparently returned to their roots. The songs sound more adult than the fair moods of the last years. "Trust in You" reflects of the good old "Smash". A breath of 3 Doors Down in the beginning of "Hammerhead" and Green Day in "Fix You". Good singalongs, crisp riffs, tidy/serious rock and speed and Dexter sings ??? and then a type of ballad.

Rise and Fall Rage and Grace is for longtime fans finally this time a ray of hope. So what I've learned from this: never give up!"

"The Offspring are after a waiting time of over 5 years finally back and bringing an album out which revives the old times of the strong cool rock music from before. The new songs are very catchy and simply blow all others from the last years away. Offspring have clearly again increased and handed over an album which will take over 2008. Super. Buy it! If a rock album is worth your money this year, it's this one."
    Wow, this sounds REALLY great!

The dude who wrote the review probably did it based on the preview samples.
    So nothing reliable really

Psh, almost half the album. 8 out of 13 songs are Skate Punk/Pop Punk. There's also punk influence in a few of the other ones. I think it's pretty safe to call it Skate Punk or 90's Pop Punk. Like, would it really blow your mind if you turned on CO1 for someone who has never heard The Offspring, and they called it Skate Punk? Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragnet View Post
    Skate punk is a term no real musician would ever apply to his music I think.
    Why not? It's basically just a slightly more intense version of Pop Punk.