Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A thread for yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyNemesis View Post
    The most ridiculous thing about that argument is that it ignores the fact that the "longtime members" of this BBS rag on each other and sometimes get into serious disputes all the time.

Too bad you and your crew are too insecure to see that. Wah wah wah shut the fuck up already.
    1- That barely happens. Stop lying to yourself.
    2- It's not completely condescending like this was.

Wah wah wah, you've wasted about 5 days of your life total in these arguments with people you think you're superior to.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    1- That barely happens. Stop lying to yourself.
    Complete bullshit, go fuck yourself.

Wah wah wah, you've wasted about 5 days of your life total in these arguments with people you think you're superior to.
    Yeah, this just about completely proves me right about my other point, about y'all being insecure. I don't think I'm superior or even worry about that kind of bullshit, but you obviously do. It's so sad.

Yeah! Let's make him feel bad for making this thread! I mean just look at that first post. He deserves it. And I'm sure as a long time member, you know he won't try to defend himself so we can get into the most petty argument ever for the millionth time...
    What is this persecution complex that has gotten into you?

If you disagree with what I wrote, state so. If you can only nitpick at an imaginary persecution, well then you really contribute nothing, do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Actually a lot of stuff happened on June 6th in the past. Wheelchairman is right, there are more important events in history. I disagree with him, because I don't believe Iím smarted then anyone, I was just wondering if anyone else knew that. And also it is important that day marks the beginning of the fall of the Nazis rule over Europe.

PUT OFF THE FUSS YOU CHICKENSHIT

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    I really wanna think this was sarcasm... but I don't remember adombomb ever being much of a sarcastic guy... :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by Cock Joke View Post
    Turn on - vaginas

Turn off - cox

Do you know what today is?

Thats right, its fucking World Ocean Day. How could you not know that?
    I wrote a four word letter.

Also why is Adombomb considered a new member? He joined in January 2006....

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    Also why is Adombomb considered a new member? He joined in January 2006....
    Apparently anyone who didn't join in 2004 is considered a 'new member.'
    "There are no fools more bothersome than those with wit"

Uhh, regarding what WCM said, I'm gonna have to disagree. Yes, there were many more important dates in history, but that doesn't rule out the importance of this particular date. It is a very important day to remember in history, seeing as how many people were greatly affected by it. Tens of thousands of men landed on the beach that day, and the only reason the U.S. was victorious in the end, really, was that we threw more bodies at them than they had bullets. This day marked a huge turning point in the war that would really change glabal society forever. If the Nazis had won the war, the world would be a very different place, and this day played a very key role in keeping that from happening.

I think the only reason we remember the day is because of the military codes for telling when an attack was scheduled (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D-Day). We don't remember the fall of the Berlin wall because the date itself has no significance compared to the event itself. It may be a bit silly to remember it by it's day instead of significance, but that's the way it's been remembered for the past 64 years.

And when is bighead384 going to realize that nobody on this board likes him so it's not even worth him time to stay.

But everyone knows D-Day, the exact date is of no real significance. It's just trivia.

I think focusing too much on dates and such plays into a sentimentality that actually diminishes the importance of what actually happens and allows people to be all like "NEVAR 4GET!!!" in a real superficial way instead of taking things as seriously as adombomb and Thomas suggest we do.

I don't think adombomb and Thomas are guilty of some sort of bullshit though, but I do think we should not stress dates as much as the events that occurred on those dates, because it's just too easy to remove importance that way.

I don't think I'm making sense but I hope I am.