Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: [REVIEWS INDEX] "Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace"

Quote Originally Posted by IamSam View Post
    Wow. Does that guy understand musical evolution?
    Apparently not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Buffalo, NY, home of the worst government on Earth

Thumbs down

"The dance-y “You’re Gonna Go Far, Kid” seemingly competes with the Panic! crowd,"

What? How the hell is it supposed to be competing with the Panic! crowd...this guy just doesn't know how to review.

Quote Originally Posted by maplejet View Post
    "The dance-y “You’re Gonna Go Far, Kid” seemingly competes with the Panic! crowd,"

What? How the hell is it supposed to be competing with the Panic! crowd...this guy just doesn't know how to review.
    you know, to be honest, a few of the things he said could've been ripped straight from this message board...

ridiculous.

What because it has the word dance? hahaha I stopped worrying about what he said when he made that comparison.

lol He was comparing The Offspring and Green Day right from the beginning and talking about how much better Green Day was, then when he says the Offspring's songs were sounding like Green Day, he used it in a negative fashion...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiralanal View Post
    You are the dumbass! Youre the dumbest fucking dumbass since the beginning of dumbasses

Offspring fan or not, that review was bogus. I'll wait for trustworthy sites to review this.

That guy decided he wasn't going to like the album before he even listened to/reviewed it, you can just tell. I'm not being biased and saying no one is allowed to dislike The Offspring, but he's obviously looked for negativity. He never really says whether he likes the songs or not, he just complains about what they are.

Not a constructive review at all. Even if the review had been positive but backed up with equally-as-lame opinions and justifications I'd still be calling it a poor review.

http://www.entradalibre.org/index.ph...ew&ANN_id=1105
    Spanish review.. not so much but it talk about the new tour and some others...=)
    Last edited by Venezuelan_Nightmare; 06-09-2008 at 07:50 PM.
    Regrets A Memories No Remorse No Apologgies No Reason For Me To Desapear
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ick/NewDex.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by The Man From Tallahassee View Post
    That guy decided he wasn't going to like the album before he even listened to/reviewed it, you can just tell. I'm not being biased and saying no one is allowed to dislike The Offspring, but he's obviously looked for negativity. He never really says whether he likes the songs or not, he just complains about what they are.

Not a constructive review at all. Even if the review had been positive but backed up with equally-as-lame opinions and justifications I'd still be calling it a poor review.
    I disagree with this quite a bit. While I haven't heard the whole album yet and can't say whether I disagree with the review, the idea that he went in already knowing what his opinion would be. He DOES say what he thinks of the songs, and I honestly don't know where you're getting that he doesn't. What the songs are is why he doesn't like them, and that's what he's describing.

But, on a more personal note, if your username is a reference to what I think it is, you have an excellent username.
    "I'll die before I surrender, Tim".

I agree in the sense that the first half is much stronger. They detour from the Offspring sound in the majority of the second, and it's hit and miss for me sadly.

Read the comments under Michael Roffman's reviews! They all hate him!

That dude doesn't know what he's talking about. Does he really want them to be just 100% punk? Then he complains that the later albums have sillier songs, then he complains about this one having softer sounding songs and some other bullshit! I like that there are the softer songs! It makes for a nice, solid album!