Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Nicotine - Japanese band

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    3,758


    Default Nicotine - Japanese band

    I didn't find anyone (except myself ) mentioning this band, so I have to let you know about them. Japanese pop-punk, however their music is pretty tasty, I like their songs better than many American / European bands. Their sound is a mixture of NOFX /The Offspring / Blink 182 / Sum 41/ Mest etc... with some sweet metal-songs. Lyric-wise they aren't anything special (but for japanese like themselves they do pretty well imo), but it's definately worth checking if you don't know them yet. School Of Liberty is their best (according to many people's opinion) album, so if you can, get it!

    Some examples of Nicotine
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV8Mm...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KpE-...eature=related
    "metal" song! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KPjI...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzDRK...eature=related
    You can find some more videos on youtube.

    Okay... I've uploaded School Of Liberty album, download it here -> http://www.sendspace.com/file/9bg519
    Enjoy! ...and I'd like to see as more as possible opinions here

    Full SOUNDQUAKE album on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...C538043E383BFA
    Last edited by Free?; 12-12-2008 at 08:56 AM.
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bratislava, Slovakia
    Posts
    5,818


    Default

    Yep, I have all their albums I think. The lyrics suck and their english is kinda funny, but musically, they're really kickass, those guys really know how to write good punk-rock songs.
    Have you heard the album "Achromatic Ambitious"? It's their latest one, I think really awesome, cotains 80% more guitar solos than older albums
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    113


    Default

    aye, good band. didn't know many people knew of them. Good catchy pop-punk if you want some of that, my only real problem with them is that they mention "punk rock" in pretty much every song - it gets annoying.
    fucking love to see them live though.


    Word
    x
    bullshite..

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    3,758


    Default

    No, I haven't heard it yet. 80% more guitar solos? Holy crap! Did they turn into metalcore or melodic death ? I mean Nicotine's solos allways were really great and quite often, and now you say that there are allmost twice more of them...
    I'm looking for "Achromatic Ambitious" now. Can't find a download yet...
    Could you upload it please, you big sexy maaaaan?!
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bratislava, Slovakia
    Posts
    5,818


    Default

    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TKPRX55E

    There ya go. Not my upload, found it on the net. Hope it works.

    The album is more rockier, but it's still punk-rock. No metal or something, just much more guitar solos compared to the album before, "Probably The Best". Speaking of PTB, there is a song "Bad Neighbor", clearly an homage to "The Offspring" Has anyone heard it?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    1,121


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Free? View Post
    Their sound is a mixture of NOFX /The Offspring / Blink 182 / Sum 41/
    Personally i dont like them and think that you managed to insult four bands at once......but thats my view and we have all got different music tastes
    My Nothingtown Acoustic Cover:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE9JblnThVk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    3,758


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by medi01 View Post
    Personally i dont like them and think that you managed to insult four bands at once......but thats my view and we have all got different music tastes
    Hahaha . Well.. that's how their music sounds, Nicotine looks soo goddamn inspired by those bands. If you could discribe them better and find any bands who sound more similar, you are welcome to do so. And I know that you did understand that wasn't an insult at all \o/
    dff_punk, thanks for a link mate
    Last edited by Free?; 06-09-2008 at 06:10 AM.
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bratislava, Slovakia
    Posts
    5,818


    Default

    You're welcome. Hope you like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Winnipeg/The GTA
    Posts
    5,784


    Default

    They can be a bit annoying at times, but they’re really a solid pop-punk band. I’ve only heard Desperado though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    3,758


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    They can be a bit annoying at times, but they’re really a solid pop-punk band. I’ve only heard Desperado though.
    There are links to download 2 of their albums in this thread. Do that mate, you will not regret
    dff, I liked Achromatic Ambitious pretty much, and yes, it seems to be more into hard rock this time.
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •