Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nicotine - Japanese band

Quote Originally Posted by dff_punk View Post
    Speaking of PTB, there is a song "Bad Neighbor", clearly an homage to "The Offspring" Has anyone heard it?
    The COAP Rip off?
    bullshite..

Yea exactly. I wonder what they were thinking while making that song
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

Quote Originally Posted by Free? View Post
    There are links to download 2 of their albums in this thread. Do that mate, you will not regret
    dff, I liked Achromatic Ambitious pretty much, and yes, it seems to be more into hard rock this time.

Alright, i'll check it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

So i gave School Of Liberty, and it's a really fun record! It's even better then Desperado, guess i'll have to check these guys out a little more often.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

This is very funny imho. People under it are bitching at it, but it is kinda cute
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

This is very funny imho. People under it are bitching at it, but it is kinda cute
    Yeah, that's really cute acutally. I love these guys.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

if you want a good punk/pop/rock jrock band you should listen to asian kung-fu generation or if you want harder sadie

akfg-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxjYJWvmOlg

sadie-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y02qI7V3jk

Quote Originally Posted by offspringing View Post
    if you want a good punk/pop/rock jrock band you should listen to asian kung-fu generation or if you want harder sadie

akfg-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxjYJWvmOlg

sadie-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y02qI7V3jk
    Thanks,
    I've heard some songs from Asian Kung-Fu Generation before, and I've checked Sadie also. Sadie seems to be typical fashion brutal experimental japanese metal freaks that are pretty popular today because of anime fans (emo is getting it's part of popularity thanks to anime aswell). Like D'espairs Ray and others. AKFG is just what you said, pop-punk-jrock and again it's connected to anime. The thing I don't like about anime-connected bands is that they are pretty cheesy. They can play somewhat brutal metal or slow pop song, but they will be about the same - freedom, struggle, love, being rejected, being something special without others' understanding etc. That's what I don't like emo for aswell. They act like somewhat rockstars, they use the image of rock band, but their message is weak and boring. Maybe it's just me who doesn't understand (because I don't speak japanese) but so far I'm pretty sure that I'm right, if you can show me some example that would prove that I'm wrong, I would be grateful.
    And why do I like Nicotine more than another jrock band? Because they aren't actually jrock. They play solid pop-punk, their message is pretty social and politic ( of course they can't stop pointing at themselves as punks and they have some love songs aswell). Nicotine's english is pretty poor aswell, but when it comes to music, they show you some real skills and that's why I like them the most. Yes, they are pretty big posers aswell, but they compensate that musically.
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

Sorry for bumping this, but it seems I kinda lost my "School Of Liberty" album somewhere... could Free? or someone re-upload it?

Sorry for bumping this, but it seems I kinda lost my "School Of Liberty" album somewhere... could Free? or someone re-upload it?
    Sorry for bumping? I'm glad about someone bumping this thread up! Sure, "Lets..... DOOOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIIT!"

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9bg519

P.S: If someone still haven't heard them, here's your chance! You'll like it, that's 99% for sure
    Last edited by Free?; 09-19-2008 at 05:42 AM.
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?