Thread: Songs Made For Dexters Voice

Default Songs Made For Dexters Voice

I have noticed, being a guitarist, that alot of offspring songs have the same chords. Those chords sound rite with dexters voice. so i am guessing that they write the songs to dexters voice?
    anyone else notice that?

2. Default

I was never actually looking for that before, I will try and listen for that and get back to you on that one Jake But I am sure that is what they do, because why would they not want to make it flow with his voice?? right?

~Mandy~

Quote Originally Posted by offspringbaby2004
    I was never actually looking for that before, I will try and listen for that and get back to you on that one Jake But I am sure that is what they do, because why would they not want to make it flow with his voice?? right?

~Mandy~

especially since he writes a lot of the songs...

-hshduppsnt

like the same way that the chords on a Strung Out song match the lead singers voice?

the vocals are meant to excentuate or match the instrumental in the majority of songs...i mean...could you imagine jessica simpson singing an offspring song? *shudders at the thought*
    Freedom scares you because it means responsibility

we've had this thread

Dex even sang a Ronan Keating's song great. And i don't like Keating. But the covers in the park.. at the EMA's.. it was in Scotland. That was awesome! They should do a cover album from crappy songs (they all weren't bad songs). I like the sound of commercial music covered by dex's voice! That sounds funny and cool.

undefinedundefinedundefinedMan, that`s true...All the songs have basically the same chords. I think they do write the songs based on Dexter`s voice.

if it aint broke... dont fix it.

i think they use the same cords cuz they havent taken guitar lessons, i guess they arent able to make a big combination of chords, thats why they keep using chords in fifths (e.g.: F5, C5, etc). Also dexters voice aint great, its really special n thats what it makes it cool . The thing is that with those simple chords they make great songs, thats what i like about em.

Quote Originally Posted by punk_flamingo
    like the same way that the chords on a Strung Out song match the lead singers voice?

the vocals are meant to excentuate or match the instrumental in the majority of songs...i mean...could you imagine jessica simpson singing an offspring song? *shudders at the thought*
    jessica simpson? i cant stand you dissing the offspring. haha shes so annoying! massivetwoshits

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hshduppsnt
    especially since he writes a lot of the songs...

-hshduppsnt
    Yes.. you see that most likely does make all the difference in the world lol

~Mandy~