Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: rock music is killing the kids?!?

Default rock music is killing the kids?!?

in uk (not sure about rest of world) there has been a huge debate on whether rock music is basically the source of all evil
    everytime someone is sent down for murder these days music gets brought up, if they killed and listened to classical or pop or whatever nothing is said but if they listen to rock music suddenly The murder must have been possessed by the rock music he or she was listening to
    this debate is doing my head in as i have listened to rock music for most of my life out of my own choice and the only violence that became of me listening to rock music was the one who bullied me for my taste in music
    i have self-harmed but the music didnt tell me to do it i told me to do it because life was fucked up i now have two kids and havent self-harmed for 6 years hmmmmm and i still listen to rock music oh and i've never killed anyone either
    so wot do you think to the growing craze of 'ROCK MUSIC IS TO BLAME FOR ALL'

And this is how us rap lovers have felt our entire lives.

r{ock, ap} is destroying our youth. such forms of "music" should be banned in the interest of public safety.

I don't think that music really affects who you are as a person. Only messed up people kill others, outside influences matter very little. It's basically the same argument as with violent video games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyNemesis View Post
    And this is how us rap lovers have felt our entire lives.
    You're hated with reason though.

Wish you were dead.

As a genre, I don't like rap music. I just don't. It's not because of the people behind it or anything. I know several people who listen to rap and they're really very nice. It's not good to judge based on the music you listen to. It's like saying that if you listen to rap that you must be in a gang, or if you listen to punk that you must be an anarchist. Today's world is based on a massive pile of stereotypes that are burned into our minds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyNemesis View Post
    Wish you were dead.
    But Ricky, you're listening to things like Lupe Fiasco! We're just listening to Anal Cunt, Gwar, and Marilyn Manson.
    I wrote a four word letter.

Quote Originally Posted by oh_strange_one View Post
    in uk (not sure about rest of world) there has been a huge debate on whether rock music is basically the source of all evil
    everytime someone is sent down for murder these days music gets brought up, if they killed and listened to classical or pop or whatever nothing is said but if they listen to rock music suddenly The murder must have been possessed by the rock music he or she was listening to
    this debate is doing my head in as i have listened to rock music for most of my life out of my own choice and the only violence that became of me listening to rock music was the one who bullied me for my taste in music
    i have self-harmed but the music didnt tell me to do it i told me to do it because life was fucked up i now have two kids and havent self-harmed for 6 years hmmmmm and i still listen to rock music oh and i've never killed anyone either
    so wot do you think to the growing craze of 'ROCK MUSIC IS TO BLAME FOR ALL'
    ...when the Hell was this? I can't recall rock music ever being blamed for anything in Britain. Except Marilyn Manson for Columbine, but that was mildly an American affair.

Not that it would sound out of place for the front page of The Sun to read:

Harold Shipman listens to rock, kills patients
    Last edited by The Talking Pie; 06-11-2008 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Typo...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lightbulb

I'm guessing y'all ain't got nothin' on the Memphis 3. The story about that is fucking terrifying.
    “It is a strange paradox that today’s central banks are generally staffed by economists, who by and large profess a belief in a theory which says that their jobs are, at the best, unnecessary, and more likely wealth-destroying. Needless to say, this is not a point widely discussed among respectable economists. Nevertheless, it is an issue worth pondering.”

George Cooper, The Origin of Economic Crises