View Poll Results: Do you think it annoying?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    19 27.94%
  • No

    41 60.29%
  • I have no opinion.

    8 11.76%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 53

Thread: Counting in before the songs.

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    474


    Default

    Wow, this thread is just lame. Get over it.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    388


    Default

    I think it's because Pete plays to a click track, or there are recorded samples that have to be synced with the performance so they have to go exactly to the recording which can't be done without Pete counting it in to the click...

  3. #23


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninty Man View Post
    MMM

    Well, as a drummer I am, the start with the hi hats marks the tempo to follow... and maybe is his style, and maybe he needs to do it because:

    1-. He's new in the band
    2-. He has to learn like... what??? You like 20 songs plus RAFRAG new songs he didn't collaborate in studio
    3-. He maybe feels a little bit nervous with messing up the songs (believe me,that happens)
    4-. Is his style
    5-. Is his style that will make a difference with other drummers
    6-. He likes it
    7-. Jojan has bigge man boobs that me and Dexter together

    This is the best post Ninty man has ever made. Being a drummer who has drummer for manhy ensembles before, I know what it's like to have a ridiculous amount of music thrown at me in a short amount of time, and this may just make him feel a bit more confident about what he's playing, therefore making the music itself better. besides, think of it as his little trademark. Kinda cute, isn't he?

    Quote Originally Posted by ygokazuki View Post
    I think it's because Pete plays to a click track, or there are recorded samples that have to be synced with the performance so they have to go exactly to the recording which can't be done without Pete counting it in to the click...
    He plays to a click track? Man, that takes some balls. i would never do that because I know that if I get off of it once, I'm screwed, along with the rest of the band. Does he play with headphones? I haven't seen too many videos of him live yet.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    267


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninty Man View Post
    MMM

    Well, as a drummer I am, the start with the hi hats marks the tempo to follow... and maybe is his style, and maybe he needs to do it because:

    1-. He's new in the band
    2-. He has to learn like... what??? You like 20 songs plus RAFRAG new songs he didn't collaborate in studio
    3-. He maybe feels a little bit nervous with messing up the songs (believe me,that happens)
    4-. Is his style
    5-. Is his style that will make a difference with other drummers
    6-. He likes it
    7-. Jojan has bigge man boobs that me and Dexter together

    I, as a drummer, like the counting in. The drummer plays his tempo, not the tempo of the band!! If he plays faster then the studio version, he plays faster! And yes, it is easier to start playing after a count in, you aren't so nervous anymore!

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Northwest United States
    Posts
    4,069


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drums beating in my Heart View Post
    I, as a drummer, like the counting in. The drummer plays his tempo, not the tempo of the band!! If he plays faster then the studio version, he plays faster! And yes, it is easier to start playing after a count in, you aren't so nervous anymore!
    Travis Barker is an example. Nearly every song I've heard of Blink-182 live with him drumming has him playing the tempo much faster.
    "There are no fools more bothersome than those with wit"

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    556


    Default

    If it's necessary, so be it.

    Don't whine about everything.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    4,135


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drums beating in my Heart View Post
    I, as a drummer, like the counting in. The drummer plays his tempo, not the tempo of the band!! If he plays faster then the studio version, he plays faster! And yes, it is easier to start playing after a count in, you aren't so nervous anymore!
    MMM, you have a point in there.

    I play a bit faster the kids aren't alright and punk rock song, but I try to play the speed marked in the studio version so the band don't get's confused.

    And thanks thomas for the flowers
    Xbox live: Ninty Man UNAM

    About which women would you sleep with

    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    So you're choosing pornstars because you assume they'll be the ones least repulsed by the thought of having sex with you?

    This is the only reason I can think of. Man it must suck to be a fjeldabe.

    Me? My answer is the virgin mary, preferably pre-birth although that would ruin the mythos.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,912


    Default

    i havent seen any live videos with him yet, but all i want and self esteem start with a vocal lead in and the kids arent alright starts with a guitar lead in so it doesnt really make sense to have a count in. i cant say it matters too much, the band obviously dont mind!
    whenever i learn something new it pushes some old knowledge out of my brain, remember that home wine making course when i forgot how to drive?!

  9. #29
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    862


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    When I've heard live recordings of all my favourite Offspring songs when Pete have been behind the drums most of the intros have been ruined by him counting them all in with his hi-hat. 1, 2, 3, 4 - That never happend with Ron (miss you) or Atom. So why does Pete do it? I don't know, and I don't like it.

    Songs such as All I Want, Self Esteem and The Kids Aren't Alright are ruined by the count ins. They don't sound good with it!
    Completely Annoying!
    Oh Man I wish i could make this thread before....somebody)

    Pete is asshole when he start self esteem with hi-hat....when dexter sings la la la la la la la la la la)

  10. #30


    Default

    So, anyone here appreciate anything?

    umm, new album, live setlists, music video, noodles' hair, and now counting in... you sad little fuckers.

    What would you like to cry about next? How about you have a good winge about... umm... lets say stage backdrops or lighting?? oh i think thats been bitched about too!!

    How bout...... hmm im not sure, gum stuck to dexters shoe?? it that winge worthy?? if not im sure you will find something.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •