View Poll Results: Do you think it annoying?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 27.94%
  • No

41 60.29%
  • I have no opinion.

8 11.76%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Counting in before the songs.

Quote Originally Posted by shanna_guarana View Post
    I don't find it annoying....I don't really notice it.....I think they do it on every live performance....but we just don't hear it.......cause we're waiting for the song....

I think this thread is stupid
    you never noticed becasue they used not to do it....but i notice it know because they start doing it...and i don't like it

and yeah it is stupid LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Free? View Post
    Offspring playing for Free? That would be awesome!
    The Portuguese Chapter:
    Site/Forum/Wiki: www.offspringportugal.com

First of all, there's a good chance that they've always counted in on a lot of the songs, but it's just that Ron either did it verbally or just with drumsticks, so it was never audible to the crowd/on the recording. I don't think this is true for songs like All I Want, TKAA, Self Esteem, etc... that obviously used to start with vox or a guitar part, but I'd be willing to bet the count in was there for a lot of songs. I could be wrong about this, though.

But regarding why Pete is doing it... I wouldn't be surprised if he's playing along with a click track until he get the tempo down that Dexter - I mean the Offspring - are used to. Also, like someone said, some of the songs probably use samples and backing tracks, so those songs have to be counted into.

Also, FWIW, I voted yes. I thought it was annoying in TKAA, All I Want, and Self Esteem.

Quote Originally Posted by malibu43 View Post
    First of all, there's a good chance that they've always counted in on a lot of the songs, but it's just that Ron either did it verbally or just with drumsticks, so it was never audible to the crowd/on the recording. I don't think this is true for songs like All I Want, TKAA, Self Esteem, etc... that obviously used to start with vox or a guitar part, but I'd be willing to bet the count in was there for a lot of songs. I could be wrong about this, though.

But regarding why Pete is doing it... I wouldn't be surprised if he's playing along with a click track until he get the tempo down that Dexter - I mean the Offspring - are used to. Also, like someone said, some of the songs probably use samples and backing tracks, so those songs have to be counted into.

Also, FWIW, I voted yes. I thought it was annoying in TKAA, All I Want, and Self Esteem.
    exactly my point
    Quote Originally Posted by Free? View Post
    Offspring playing for Free? That would be awesome!
    The Portuguese Chapter:
    Site/Forum/Wiki: www.offspringportugal.com