Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Mums!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mrconeman View Post
    I think once you're in your 20's it's fair game if you want to have some kids, the only thing I'd say is be entirely sure both potential parents want the same thing, and that the kid would be coming into a stable environment.
    I agree too. I know girls who had their babies when they were 20 and they are good mums and I also know girls who had babies when they were 30 and are horrible parents.

I remember my first date with my husband. He asked me "Do you like kids" and i said "oh no, fuck no, they are ugly and stink". Year later we had our daughter and I can't imagine life without her. I had her when I was 22, last year I had a son (I was 27). My husband is 4 years older than me.

Quote Originally Posted by cleo80 View Post
    I agree too. I know girls who had their babies when they were 20 and they are good mums and I also know girls who had babies when they were 30 and are horrible parents.

I remember my first date with my husband. He asked me "Do you like kids" and i said "oh no, fuck no, they are ugly and stink". Year later we had our daughter and I can't imagine life without her. I had her when I was 22, last year I had a son (I was 27). My husband is 4 years older than me.
    lol i have a lil boy whos two and a daughter whos 7 months old and im 22 i agree with u on the whole before kids thing lol

only bad thing i have found as a parent is the constant worries like trying to make sure u do right by them and making sure they are safe im alwaystrying to do eerything perfect even though i know nothing can go perfect but i keep trying

Quote Originally Posted by oh_strange_one View Post
    lol i have a lil boy whos two and a daughter whos 7 months old
    My son is 7 months old
    only bad thing i have found as a parent is the constant worries like trying to make sure u do right by them and making sure they are safe im alwaystrying to do eerything perfect even though i know nothing can go perfect but i keep trying
    I keep trying too

Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    (some)americans are more crazy,then i thought

if you had a child ,and your 15,50 years ago in germany,it would be a blemish,
    today there many people who have childs and are in year 15 or 16,but i never heard that something like this was planned...
    also
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fan

Exclamation

i don't really think there is a set *age* that you hit and suddenly, wham, you're ready to have a child. i know people who had kids in their early 20s and they're great parents. i also know some 30 year olds i wouldn't trust with a Pet Rock, let alone an infant.

personally, i don't think i'm emotionally, physically or financially ready to have a child yet. and i'm 23. i want to be more mature, in better shape and have a lot more money before i make such a commitment, and hey... i've got time. :] my mother had me when she was 30, and i could see myself having a child around that age, too. maybe a bit earlier.

of course, i think teenage pregnancy is very problematic, and i think a lot of people rush into having kids because *omg they're cute* or because they didn't use protection. i don't think it's a decision that should be made lightly at all, but age isn't always the best indicator of "ready-ness". i know a couple (she's 26, he's 31) that have the most ridiculous, immature, close-minded ideas about parenting (you can't breastfeed your male child too often or he will become wimpy and too attached)... but they're about to have their first kid. are they the *right age*? most people would say yes. are they ready? oh, hell no.

as for people giving you shit about having children too early; well, fuck them. i don't even have kids, but i got married young, and people were all like "OMFG, SO EARLY, don't u want to enjoy teh single lyfez?!?!?!" yeah, no. people will judge and bitch no matter what you do... i suggest you just go on with your life, and if you're happy, then more power to you.

When I'm good, I'm very, very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better.

...does it really matter...u can have kids when you want, so long as it doesn't affect them too much, ie if you have kids in ur 50s then the parent is dead b4 the kid is out of teens or if ur too young and it stops ur education/job and means you then dont have the money to support the child financially
    My Nothingtown Acoustic Cover:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE9JblnThVk

Southern California (Irvine/Moreno Valley)

Quote Originally Posted by mrconeman View Post
    I think once you're in your 20's it's fair game if you want to have some kids, the only thing I'd say is be entirely sure both potential parents want the same thing, and that the kid would be coming into a stable environment.
    Agreed. Some people should just go fuck themselves.

Personally, I don't see me having kids. Or getting married. Hell, I can't even see myself at this time next year. I'm just really trying to get by one day at a time, you know?
    ________
    Lovely Wendie
    Last edited by Short_Attention_Span; 05-03-2011 at 07:11 PM.

Personally, I never really want kids. For so many reasons I won't even get into here.

However, like Sunny, I don't really think there is a set age. I think, for the most part, it's a good idea to get your education completed first. That way you'll be able to find a better job to support your kids and you won't have the stress of having to go to school, go to work, and raise a kid. I mean, I currently go to school and work a lot....and that's more than enough. I know a lot of people that had babies between 15-18....and wow. I can't imagine. Unfortunately, they are all pretty terrible parents and mainly did it either because they were "cute," they didn't want to go to work/school, or they thought it would keep their boyfriend around. sigh.

But good for you on having kids young and being a good mom. I have a lot of respect for you to be able to raise them well and handle doing other stuff at such a young age. I know my mens and I definitely could not do it.

i guess it's all about the dream

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Rag Doll View Post
    Unfortunately, they are all pretty terrible parents and mainly did it either because they were "cute," they didn't want to go to work/school, or they thought it would keep their boyfriend around. sigh.
    the last thing... it just boggles my mind. my mom once told me that having a child puts a strain on the relationship - you're tired, you're frustrated, you're prolly in pain, and your whole world has been turned upside down. and i believe her. you shouldn't expect your kid to be a magical quick-fix, because having a newborn does NOT create the best environment for romantic emotionz to grow. i honestly don't get the "awww having a child will fix our relationship problems and make him like me better!" angle. at all. if you're having relationship problems, the *last* thing you need is a child. omfg.

When I'm good, I'm very, very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better.

yeah, seriously. one of the girls that i went to high school with that did this....that's why her mom had her (my mom was friendly with her mom in high school). she figured she'd basically "have her claws" in him forever, i guess. like, he had a kid with her so he might as well just stay with her and save him the trouble of child support and whatnot.

i cant even imagine how people would think it would make your relationship better. and if you have your kid for that reason and it doesn't work as a fix (which it wont...)....you'll probably totally resent that kid =(

i guess it's all about the dream