Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Offspring: We want more.

Question Offspring: We want more.

Hey hows it going?
    Okay anyways here goes:
    You probably sick of people talking about The Offspring being sold out after they switched to Columbia Records, and when they made their new album Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace.
    Before you think this is another hate thread...
    I want them to become more popular. The more airplay the better, as i have expressed in replies to other threads. Theres quite alot of people on here that think the more poppier songs like Pretty Fly, Original Prankster, WDYGAJ are terrible. I think they are some of the best. I get excited if I see an Offspring mucis video on video hits, or max or whatever.
    I would prefer the offspring to put themselves under the lights more often, pay more attention to their music videos. As long as they keep producing the songs we love so much.
    Just would like to hear you thoughts.
    And i'm bored. I know i complain about useless shitty threads, but i thought this was a topic needed to be talked about. and i couldnt find any threads that relate to this.

*Not just talking about RFRG, but everything on a whole.

C'mon guys, show some love.

Default I agree. I want more Offspring too!

I want to here more Offspring played on more radio stations. The Offspring are a local band, their songs should all over the airwaves all of the time. It piss's me off when I hear Greenday played more often and on more radio stations then the Offspring. I have a very strong opinion that the Offspring are 10 times better than greenday and i think greenday only has one good song.
    Who is in charge of what songs are played, when and what radio stations? Also for when I'm at work having to listen to xm satellite radio, they need to play more offspring and on more channels, PLEASE/ thank u

3. Default

Wrong. The best stuff are not necessarily the most popular. Most of the best offspring stuff are not very popular. I prefer them doing this stuff then doing stuff trying to be more popular. I don't give a fuck about that. When you're there enjoying the songs all this doesn't matter. Popular stuff die fast. Good stuff live forever. And again, the best stuff are not necessarily the most popular.

I agree with gabrielpatriarca
    Anyway, here in Italy they are not played very often, and I could just be happy if they were played more frequently
    I apologize for my bad english

gabrielpatriarca should be quoted for truth.

Who cares if they are popular or not? That's not the reason we are all here, I hope. Yeah, it fells good when you are driving all the way down (okay I don't drive yet but you got my point) and suddenly we change into a radio station and we hear their songs. Okay, it's cool but it's not necessary. I think it's quite rare if I hear one of their songs in a whole year in any portuguese radio station that I don't even care to look for it. And if they became more popular, would it worth it? Probably people would call them sell outs, like some call Green Day (you referred to them, I referr too). It would be so normal to hear their songs that some of us would get tired of those singles, like some fans probably got tired of Pretty Fly when it became the most well known Offspring song. Let's say I'm a fan of publicity but I sure hate when it turns into TOO MUCH publicity and some kind of obsession.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives,
    and create a monster they call destiny.

[SIGPIC]http://offspring.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=17883&dateline=125184 2720[/SIGPIC]

Oh in my country it's a miracle to hear song of them in radio. We can listen only Britney or Sugababes So fans of The Offspring are "forced" to listen their songs from mp3 And everybody are pleased

i could really give two shits if the offspring are popular or not.

i actually am very, very disappointed with this album.

i will admit though, i didn't give every song a chance. there are some good, and most are bad, IMO.

but you know what. i still love them. i was disappointed than Ron left the band. I was disappointed their music changed. but goddamn, they are STILL the offspring.

the guitars, the vocals, the bass...still sound the same. just a different pattern/beat/rhythm, whatever may you have it.

they still rock. they're old as fuck, and they're still playing punk music.
    i'm proud. i've been a fan since 98. they rock my goddamn socks, and that'll never change, shitty album after shitty album or not.

i think they should get more airplay, yes. but they've had their time. their songs owned the radio for YEARS. "come out and play" STILL comes on the radio over here every day. yes, every day. shit, on one of the radio stations, they have offspring "rock-blocks" every once in a while. they play a whole 45 minutes of them.

to me, it's about buying the albums. don't download, don't burn them. they deserve every fucking penny. they've been giving us amazing music for, what, 20 years now?? you go, offspring. you fucking go. they deserve the BEST.

all of my offspring cds were stolen from me a few years back. and i didn't give a crap. i went out and bought all their albums again. i just finished off the collection with "ixnay", because that one is impossible to find anymore in stores around here. hell, a few years back, i bought americana four times, because i kept getting that cd stolen or lost. i spent 80 dollars on one album.

they're the greatest band there ever was to me. radio or no radio, i will love them till the day i'm dead and buried.

Quote Originally Posted by gabrielpatriarca View Post
    Wrong. The best stuff are not necessarily the most popular. Most of the best offspring stuff are not very popular. I prefer them doing this stuff then doing stuff trying to be more popular. I don't give a fuck about that. When you're there enjoying the songs all this doesn't matter. Popular stuff die fast. Good stuff live forever. And again, the best stuff are not necessarily the most popular.
    If you are talking about fucking Smash get the fuck outta here. Smash is by far their most popular album, and one of the best. Americana was also really good and popular. Ignition was ok and not that popular.

I swear to god I hate people saying that Smash was not popular.
    "There are no fools more bothersome than those with wit"

"smash" was the album that got them recognized in the media world.

indeed it was popular. sold like, a bajillion and fourteen records.

actually i think it was more like 16 million
    Check out my music -> Random Goods