Thread: Effect of the Re-Mastering of Smash/Ignition

Default Effect of the Re-Mastering of Smash/Ignition

Hi.

What effect do you believe the re-mastering of those two epic records will have on offspring setlists.

a) is this a way of introducing newer fans to the older material, so they might play some more of it live?

b) or is it infact, a plan, to see how popular those albums are, and then if the response is good, to include more of them.

c) or is it neither, just a way to make a bit of extra cash, and give fans of those albums something more to listen to?

d) or something else entirely?

thoughts please

huum to be quite honest with you...

i don't care...

i'll not buy those albums, only if they are cheap enough, but probably i'll download it...and that's all....seriously, it's not a big deal!

for me at least
    Quote Originally Posted by Free? View Post
    Offspring playing for Free? That would be awesome!
    The Portuguese Chapter:
    Site/Forum/Wiki: www.offspringportugal.com

Quote Originally Posted by brad_logan View Post
    Hi.

What effect do you believe the re-mastering of those two epic records will have on offspring setlists.

a) is this a way of introducing newer fans to the older material, so they might play some more of it live?

b) or is it infact, a plan, to see how popular those albums are, and then if the response is good, to include more of them.

c) or is it neither, just a way to make a bit of extra cash, and give fans of those albums something more to listen to?

d) or something else entirely?

thoughts please
    A) this part is very likely. the same concept as a greatest hits cd. although the only people who are gonna know about it are the hardcore fans. everyone else whos buying it for the first time wont know much of a difference

B) i think smash's standing as the highest selling indie record of all time pretty much sums up its popularity. and since everyone constantly says they want another ignition should sum that up too

C) record company perspective...totally

D) a way to maybe get older fans back into the band and possibly just remember the glory years.

I wonder how long it will be before radio stations get the new songs.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

I only bought Smash cause I thought Ignition sounded pretty good, but now im comparing original smash with the remastered version I its only louder, I dont see much difference other than its louder. I downloaded a version of Genocide and Smash few weeks ago, called
    self_esteem_remastered_by_disclaimer_04.mp3 and it sound better than my remastered album version, I dont know why. same for the other song. its like theres 3 different version;

1st) Original version
    2nd)Remastered by disclaimer 07 from Itunes I beleive
    3rd) The June 17th Remastered version

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I wonder how long it will be before radio stations get the new songs.
    I was listening to the radio here at work and a guy phoned up specifically requesting the remastered self esteem to be played. That was about a week ago, when the song came on I couldnt tell the difference between old and remastered, so Im not sure if they had the album or not. But having bought the remastered version myself, I couldnt notice much difference either. Some people are claiming to notice slight changes, in the 'remastered tracks' thread. dunno.