Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite songs by an actor/athlete/model/etc...

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Default Favorite songs by an actor/athlete/model/etc...

As some of you may know, Scarlett Johansson recently released her atrocious attempt at musical achievement, and this made me think of some things. Every so often an actor, model, or someone known for something other than his/her musical prowess comes out with an album (Think Don Johnson’s “Heartbeat,” or William Shatner’s “Common People”). Sometimes, though, they get it right. Which are your favorites?

Had I asked myself 13 years ago, it would have definitely been “Must Be the Money” by Deion Sanders. I’ve gone a lot poppier in my years, though, and now it’s “Torn” by Natalie Imbruglia for sure, and right behind it, *gag* “Stars are Blind” by Paris Hilton.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

are her tom waits covers that bad? are they bad because she was terrible or do you not like tom waits anyway?

Coco Crisp's rap song- We Got That Thing is so bad its good.

Quote Originally Posted by Endymion View Post
    are her tom waits covers that bad? are they bad because she was terrible or do you not like tom waits anyway?
    The one song I heard of hers was kind of 'meh', and I hear most of the album follows suit.
    Anyways, this rocks, She & Him with Zooey Deschanel are pretty good from the couple songs I've heard. William Shatner - Has Been is actually a legitimately entertaining album, though not every song on it is a winner. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by nieh View Post
    Anyways, this rocks
    the whole album is pretty damn awesome.

"Parents just don't understand" by Will Smith.

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Cock Joke View Post
    "Parents just don't understand" by Will Smith.
    Right album, wrong song. "Charlie Mack (1st Out of the Limo), ftw. Heh, besides, Will Smith is a rapper-turned-actor.

I was probably a bit overzealous with calling the Scarlett Johansson album atrocious. It was just extremely bland and each song seemed never ending. To the point where I'd rather not hear anything than it.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

BREAK Guest

ScarJo's album is kinda good. Unfortunately, the stuff that's good about it has almost nothing to do with her. She picked great songs to cover, and got the TVOTR guy to do some great production work. But behind the mic, it could be any anonymous starlet with almost no range or inflection to speak of.

She & Him are fucking great. I started out thinking the album had about three good songs, but lately I'm playing the shit out of it more than any other album from this year. The only sign of bad judgment was the decision to cover 1. a fucking Beatles song and 2. a song that was famously covered by the fucking Beatles. Apart from that, it's better than it has any right to be.

As far as athletes, I'm still fond of Shaq's verse in Fu-Schnickens' "Can We Rock? (What's Up Doc?)"

"Wheaties Box" by Rick Moranis.
    "LIVE OR DIE, MAN??"

"DIE!!!!!"

"WRONG! HOOOONK!"