Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid" as new single?

Quote Originally Posted by HeadAroundU View Post
    Ah, again, your brain is lying to you! :d Kristy alone will make the album a couple of times platinum. Good that you don't work for Sony.
    I totally agree w/ u, I dont understand why more ppl dont see how good of a radio single this song is

But yeah, YGGFK will be a hit for sure, I almost wish it was the first single I think it would have caused more hype
    Last edited by commonrider5447; 06-22-2008 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by commonrider5447 View Post
    I totally agree w/ u, I dont understand why more ppl dont see how good of a radio single this song is

But yeah, YGGFK will be a hit for sure, I almost wish it was the first single I think it would have caused more hype
    it's gonna go far...for sure...very very far we hope
    Quote Originally Posted by Free? View Post
    Offspring playing for Free? That would be awesome!
    The Portuguese Chapter:
    Site/Forum/Wiki: www.offspringportugal.com

Quote Originally Posted by commonrider5447 View Post

I think it's a good second single. It builds on top of what Hammerhead has done, with its broader appeal. If Hammerhead was second, I think its harder sound may have disappointed a lot of people.
    Go on now they won‘t tell
    Go on now and save yourself

If YGGFK does really well, I think that will greatly affect what the third single is. If it does really well, and creates a lot of hype for the album, they will probably be allowed to release four singles. Then, they could be a little risky with the third or fourth singles and throw us a curveball (maybe Stuff is Messed Up or Fix You) since they know they already picked two good singles to power the sales. If YGGFK doesn't do extremely well (even though it will be at least a top 10 hit), they might for example just pick Half-Truism as the third and final single, since it's a sound people expect from The Offspring.
    Last edited by bighead384; 06-22-2008 at 03:59 PM.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.