Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Every third american is a racist

Default Every third american is a racist

Original article in swedish:
    Original article translated into english with Google's translation tool:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijs View Post
    Sometimes I love Jojan <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiralanal View Post
    Jojan is not ignorant. He is the king. You are the enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    I appreciate Jojan.
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle654 View Post
    Jojan you are my favorite!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar Bear View Post
    Jojan fucking owns!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    jojan's right boob = hawt
    Quote Originally Posted by Krojd View Post
    Jojan, you are awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by yarock View Post
    Jojan für den Sieg.
    Quote Originally Posted by KickHimWhenHe'sDown View Post
    I like Jojan's signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    Jojan for President!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    I actually think Jojan is pretty funny in his own right.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJakes84 View Post
    Jojan's signature is the longest and most beloved. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by KickHimWhenHe'sDown View Post
    Maybe because it came from Jojan, and Jojan rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    Jojan is right
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ignition- View Post
    Jojans planer låter bra.

I could have told you that myself. But what shocked me about that article is that many people were asked point blank and they admitted it.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Uh that doesn't make them a racist. Having a racial prejudice is common, I would find it hard to believe if it wasn't universal. Many issues come into play with regards to this (media, society, upbringing, individual inclinations etc, I've read that it might even be a genetic thing, suspicion of those who are not from your clan/outside provides a possible higher degree of security or something. Although I personally doubt that it's genetic in that sense.)

It's how you check and balance your views with reality, and how you act on them, that would make you a racist. At least that's my opinion. When a person says they don't see color I would personally think that they are kidding themselves, or at least wish they didn't see color.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

I'll be honest, I have a prejudice. But that doesn't mean that I'm going to treat some people different than everyone else. I give them the benefit of the doubt and on great, wonderful occasions my prejudice is proven wrong.
    "There are no fools more bothersome than those with wit"

you mean, one in three ADMITS to harboring racial prejudice...

When I'm good, I'm very, very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better.

were only hwite people questioned, becouse when I get on a bike and go to Kalnovec, the gipsys are serious about killing me, Roms, or as I like to call them Romulans, when I go through there, the first crime I experience is the smell, then there are 6 to 20 year old pricks with bricks, pottery, mud balls, they live next to a garbage deposit so you can imagine what kind of accessories they throw at me, however I have a few Romulan friends and they are great, so judging them by a few rotten apples is idiotic.

I personally blame the parents and lack of education.

sorry about my illiteracy

I think it's fair to say that almost everybody harbors racial prejudice to some extent- it's natural. What is important is that these feelings are acknowledged as being farcical 99% of the time.
    but not in a gay way

Lightbulb

Why do people act shocked that we aren't living in a magical post-racial utopia? It's bare psychological fact that people associate race with character traits, and media and limited personal experiences often reinforce these (the "black friend" comment is so mocked because often we psychologically tend to believe that such a person is the exception to the rule, and we carry around with us the "knowledge" that because one person can be an exception to a broader rule that governs our understanding of race, we can't actually be racist). I'm sure I could be classified as a racist ten different ways to Sunday by overly-sensitive individuals, and while I believe on a fundamental level that all races are more or less equal, there's no way in hell I'd submit myself to a publicly-performed psychological test of unconscious racial preference. Personally, I think we should get away from treating such natural prejudice as so bad that we don't talk about it, to the point that when one in three people privately admit to it, we impinge the entire nation "*Gasp*, one in three Americans are RACIST!"

Such hexing (the voodooesque psychological tic of saying all of one thing is bad [example - children and cooties, refusing to eat something because a fly touched part of it]), and such equating a prejudice, however slight, to full-blown racism is to lump in a whole host of issues under a single name. It's silly and stupid and it's time we as a species fucking dealt with it instead of sweeping it under the rug because we're all too ashamed to own up to the fact that if we walked into a room with two groups of people self-selectedly segregated by race (or class, or gender, or age, or subculture), we'd head over to the group that most looked like us.

Hell, I'm going to go so far (perhaps an overstretch, but not by much) as to say that anyone professing outrage at this is either not being true to others or, more likely, to themselves (logic: racial prejudice = racism; racism = something bad people think; I'm not a bad person, I can't be racist). We've progressed into an era where, for our generation, class and culture (though in far too many places in the country, class and culture fall so closely along racial lines that it becomes difficult to disentangle one from the other) play a more important part than race, but it's there, and it's important to acknowledge it and face it head on, because we're not going to move past it if we all keep up the public pretension that good people can't harbor some semblance - however slight - of racial prejudice.
    “It is a strange paradox that today’s central banks are generally staffed by economists, who by and large profess a belief in a theory which says that their jobs are, at the best, unnecessary, and more likely wealth-destroying. Needless to say, this is not a point widely discussed among respectable economists. Nevertheless, it is an issue worth pondering.”

George Cooper, The Origin of Economic Crises

I'm not a racist... I also wish that Neanderthals are still alive...

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    you mean, one in three ADMITS to harboring racial prejudice...
    correct. it is natural to have a racial prejudice. i watched an episode of body hits on bbc 3 a year or two ago in which people on the street were given two black and white photographs. one of a white male and one of a black male. and these people were asked which they thought was more trustworthy. the large majority of black people said black and the large majority of white people said white.

the only time in which it is a problem is when you treat someone differently because of it.